2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
I did mine by unclipping the wheel arch trim, pulling back the liner and reaching my hand inside to remove the bulb. However that was only required as I don't have the access holes to release the light.

If you have the holes in your bumper under the fog light you can release the light unit and it will pull out from the front - allowing easy access to the bulb.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The drivers side has the water bottle and a lot off other stuff in the way!!! Bit off a nightmare to get to it!! Its 2009 type r should it have the 2 holes????

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Honestly I can't say, best to have a look.

If you've got headlight washers you'll have a bigger water bottle which makes it almost impossible - with my standard size one I was able to get in and reach the bulb.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I have the head light washers, looks like its the bumper clean off then!!!! ?

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Yeah I have the head light washers, looks like its the bumper clean off then!!!! ?
Check underneath for those access holes first - might save yourself some ballache taking the entire bumper off!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll have a good look the mara!! If bumper has to come off ill just forget about them lol

·
aka Paul
4,524 Posts
You can just get to the RHS one by squeezing your hand under the bottle. You have to remove a couple of screws/clips and persuade the under-tray down then you should just be able to get your hand in. IIRC the front portion of the arch trim has to be unclipped.

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
Mine is a type r without the holes. I unclipped wheel arch and lower plastic guard and stuck my arm in, the water bottle is in the way but it is possible.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts