2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone out there done this?? not sure how to create new playlists on my Ipod Touch to allow it to play with the honda Ipod Kit.

·
Premium Member
514 Posts
I can't remember where I read something but I'd try to create playlists named 'Honda1', 'Honda2' etc, not sure if you need a space in there. See how that goes ?
Just a guess but maybe worth a try.

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can't remember where I read something but I'd try to create playlists named 'Honda1', 'Honda2' etc, not sure if you need a space in there. See how that goes ?
Just a guess but maybe worth a try.
no i mean how do you do it, I know about what to name them.

the link you are talking about is here -

Honda supplied iPod link - Civinfo Wiki

·
The Talented Mr. Robbieee
3,295 Posts
As far as i know you can create the playlists via itunes (files new playlist) and name them honda1 etc

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Haven't got a touch so I don't know if there is a way to create playlists directly on the device, but in iTunes Select File, New Playlist this will create a new playlist that will be ready to re-name, enter a name for your playlist and hit enter.

now look through your library and drag songs, albums etc onto the playlist to populate it.

Depending on which library you are looking at (iTunes or iPod) the playlist will be created in that library, i.e. if you are looking at the songs on your iPod when you create the new playlist, it will be created on your iPod, if you are looking at your iTunes library then the play list will be created there.

You can copy a playlist from iTunes to your iPod, but not the other way round. Any songs in your playlist that are not on your iPod will be copied too.

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Haven't got a touch so I don't know if there is a way to create playlists directly on the device, but in iTunes Select File, New Playlist this will create a new playlist that will be ready to re-name, enter a name for your playlist and hit enter.

now look through your library and drag songs, albums etc onto the playlist to populate it.

Depending on which library you are looking at (iTunes or iPod) the playlist will be created in that library, i.e. if you are looking at the songs on your iPod when you create the new playlist, it will be created on your iPod, if you are looking at your iTunes library then the play list will be created there.

You can copy a playlist from iTunes to your iPod, but not the other way round. Any songs in your playlist that are not on your iPod will be copied too.
great stuff, just what i was looking for thanks

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Ipod touch

I Have the Ipod Touch And it works fine with the Honda Kit

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ye, its fine. Just make sure you create your honda1. Playlists and you will be away

1 - 9 of 9 Posts