2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how do you remove the rear brake light cover to clean the inside? mines seems to be building up some mess and its annoying me :(

cheers

Dom

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Inside the boot on the rear panel are access panels; take these off and you've then got access to the lights. Unplug the bulbs and undo the nuts that hold the lights in place, they then pull off from the outside.

If you want to get the cover off the housing, you need to either heat it with a heat gun or in the oven to soften the adhesive and then prise it off.

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
I've removed the rear lights from the car personally, yes. I wrote a How-To on replacing the centre light panel; it's covered in there.

Here's a link http://www.civinfo.com/forum/how/70681-how-replace-rear-centre-light-panel-pre-2009-a.html
You won't need to remove the entire panel if you are just needing access to the brake lights.

I've not had any of the Civic lights in my oven but I had my Fiesta ones in there - just make sure you remove everything possible from the light unit, and take it slow; 10 minutes in the oven and then check it, if not then another 10 etc.

·
Premium Member
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you have a good guide but doesnt show me how to remove plastic trim to clean were the green stuff is forming..

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
Inside the boot on the rear panel are access panels; take these off and you've then got access to the lights. Unplug the bulbs and undo the nuts that hold the lights in place, they then pull off from the outside.

If you want to get the cover off the housing, you need to either heat it with a heat gun or in the oven to soften the adhesive and then prise it off.

the cover unclips.......... ???

unscrew the unit , disconnect the power supply, then the lens cover unclips from the housing unit.
form inside, just pull the grey plastic trim off to access the light unit itself.( this is for the central brake light) the lights again have a plastice cover hiding the screws... these just pull off too.

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
the cover unclips.......... ???

unscrew the unit , disconnect the power supply, then the lens cover unclips from the housing unit.
form inside, just pull the grey plastic trim off to access the light unit itself.( this is for the central brake light) the lights again have a plastice cover hiding the screws... these just pull off too.
I would love for you to show me where...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts