2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just been for a run out with another car club and it was as fast as a V6 alfa and very close to a couple of caterhams. :shock:

What a hoot! And I managed to get the fuel consumption down to 38 mpg!!

Great fun to drive and if they sort out the mid-bend damping, then the Type R is going to be a blinder - and it is going to need to be a complete rocketship to outrun the oil burner.

I can feel a conversion to 170 hp coming on!

Glen

·
Registered
34 Posts
On my test drive of one I was really impressed with the level of Torque, accerlation was quite good in first compared to the likes of the Golf GT TDi which is gutless in first gear.

·
Registered
147 Posts
during my test drive I reached 208 kph (130 mph ). I did the same when test driving 1,8 petrol but it took me much more time to reach that speed. No doubt that diesel performance is excellent but I like high revs more.

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
You couldn't do that speed in England unless you were on a race track. Here, I guess, acceleration is more important.

·
Registered
178 Posts
er, If I recall correctly the speed limit in Finland (not in Winter) is 100kph :oops:

Note: I neither condone or condemn speeding, each to their own

·
Galaxy class starship
1,053 Posts
Big-Chris said:
er, If I recall correctly the speed limit in Finland (not in Winter) is 100kph :oops:

Note: I neither condone or condemn speeding, each to their own
Huh?

It is 120 km/h in the summer tops.
However, 4gotten lives in Germany. Autobahn ring a bell, Big Chris? [smilie=spank.gif]

·
Registered
178 Posts
It's a conspiracy!! I'm sure he said he was Finnish!

Sorry 4Gotton, having a geriatric moment (at 28 :roll:)

incidentally there is a speed limit on the Autobahn; it's not illegal to break it, but if you crash your insurance is void (so I'm told - I'm sure someone will correct me :oops:)

·
Registered
147 Posts
Big-Chris said:
It's a conspiracy!! I'm sure he said he was Finnish!

Sorry 4Gotton, having a geriatric moment (at 28 :roll:)

incidentally there is a speed limit on the Autobahn; it's not illegal to break it, but if you crash your insurance is void (so I'm told - I'm sure someone will correct me :oops:)
There is no speed limit on the Autobahn, but recommended speed is 130 kph. It is up to you if you stick to this. In case when you crash or you are involved in an acciddent you might be then charged and your insurance might be void. But I can tell you, there are very few accidents uccuring on german Autobahn. German drivers are very disciplined and if they see in their rearview mirror car approaching at high speed they immidietaly give way. I like it very much.

·
Registered
178 Posts
wow - I'm being made to look really stupid today :oops:

Autobahn does sound like fun, I'd love to try it out sometime

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Speed and a Auto Box

Saw on 'the othe side' Purple Ronnie' auto changes from 5th to 6th at 108 mph.

That's why there is no i-Shift on the deisels!

It'll slow em down to much

·
Registered
71 Posts
Got done by a One series BMW 120d (163 0r 167 bhp, torque is the same ). :oops: not much in it though.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Civic diesel with tune-it box fitted!!whoooooshhh!!!

We have a Civic 2.2 with a tune-it box fitted which they say increase the BHP to 169 and the torque is massivly increased.
Personally the effect is amazing!!
1st,2nd wella ll gears pull like a train.
We have a golf gti td at our used car centre and it could not keep up with the civic
Well worth the £400

·
Explosive Mind Unleashed
552 Posts
I have just been for a run out with another car club and it was as fast as a V6 alfa and very close to a couple of caterhams. :shock:
I take it that was top speed not 0-62, cos if it was acceleration against the caterham, did the caterham have a flintstone style engine [smilie=cheeky-grin: :D :D :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts