2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

How long did you wait for yours?

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Well, I've got 6 weeks to wait until I get my new Civic, and I think it would ease my pain if I knew others had suffered/are suffering as much as me (sorry that sounds really vindictive :oops: )

so - how long did you have to wait for yours?

·
Galaxy class starship
1,053 Posts
Febryary to August. So over 8 weeks.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wow - that is one hell of a wait!!

I guess I should count myself lucky then!

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Was quoted a 12 week wait in March, so bit the bullit and decided to wait the extra few weeks until the '56 plate comes out. Yes the wait is killing me but only about 4 weeks to go now.

·
Registered
47 Posts
went in on a thursday, to order the car expecting an 8 week wait. after a long time bugging the dealer managed to get my car with the exact specs 6 days later! i'm very lucky and i know it

·
Registered
421 Posts
i ordered mine at around the 10th of december and picked it up on 30th jan. cant be bothered to work out exactly how long that is but a few weeks lol. didnt mind waiting up til january coz they werent released then lol.

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
Ordered 4th April, expected delivery early October. It's only an 1.8 i-vtec sport too, albeit with front/rear and side skirts + parking sensors. Here in Hungary if you place an order now, you're unlikely to wind up with one before January.

Hence, my brochures are now rather dogeared and my girlfriend is sick to death of me saying "Oooooooh look it's a Civic!!" (when I spot one on the road). What's more, there are only so many testdrives you can take before a dealership loses patience with you. Going back to Blighty soon though for a short break, so I may pop down to my local Honda garage in Crawley and pester them.

Of course, I'm also bricking it a bit having read the tale about the 4700 mazdas on their way to the US by ship. Needless to say I'm hoping for calm waters across the Channel in late September!

Just another 70 or so days left :-( Bugger :-(

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
Ordered January 31st , collected April 22nd

·
Registered
55 Posts
Ordered at least 6 weeks ago and don't even have a confirmed delivery date. End Sept is the best logistics can offer so you can add me to the over 8 weeks....18 weeks is probably optimistic!

·
Registered
975 Posts
just over two weeks lol thankfully, i wouldnt be able to cope with a long wait

·
Registered
251 Posts
February to October. That's more than half a year. Bummer. If only I had taken the cancelled Galaxy Grey one, I would have gotten it 2 months ago already.

·
..with Superchips please!
336 Posts
You guys are worrying me! Ordered mine 10 minutes ago and I am assured that I will be driving it away on the 10th - we shall see ........

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
you're a very lucky man then Trekker! I was starting to consider myself lucky that I was only waiting 6 weeks, considering 57% of people on here waited longer than that!

I'm sure if they said the 10th, then you'll get it then (they did specify a month didn't they?)

out of interest you're not buying a demonstrator/pre-ordered car are you?

·
..with Superchips please!
336 Posts
Big-Chris said:
(they did specify a month didn't they?)

out of interest you're not buying a demonstrator/pre-ordered car are you?
Nope, it's not a demo - made my choice, Sales Manager went on line to Swindon and got confirmation [smilie=confuzzled.: of 10th of August......

Got quite a good deal on my Alfa 156 (it'll be sad day when that goes!) and with a bit of haggling got the spoiler, which I'm definitely not sure about still but it's a 'dealer fit' so I can change my mind, foglights and a reasonably tidy sum off list price. All very friendly and pain-free - until the credit card bill arrives ..... :lol:

·
Gadgeteer
121 Posts
Ordered 15th April 06 got it 2nd June 06. Although still waiting for the Dealer to ring me back about the issues I had on pickup. Hate to have to chase them but looks like I'll have no choice nearly 9 weeks later.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Manager went on line to Swindon and got confirmation [smilie=confuzzled.: of 10th of August......

Got quite a good deal on my Alfa 156 (it'll be sad day when that goes!) and with a bit of haggling got the spoiler, which I'm definitely not sure about still but it's a 'dealer fit' so I can change my mind, foglights and a reasonably tidy sum off list price. All very friendly and pain-free - until the credit card bill arrives ..... :lol:[/quote]

My last car was also an Alfa 156 (1.8) and I was also sad to see it go, I was interested in the 159 but its far too exspensive yet. I am more than happy with the Civic though, just as much fun to drive, graet looks and a lot more practical too!

1 - 20 of 84 Posts