2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
That is the question.............

I kept mine for 4 1/2 yrs and loved it but eventually it was time to move on. I still miss it though on occassion.

What made the decision hard for me was the thought of wasting all those thousands I'd spent on mods and engine tunes - basically you dont get much of that back if anything by the time you have paid someone to take all the bits off (unless you can do it yourself for free). I did the maths and in the end, couldnt be bothered so I part-ex'd it fully modded. Worse still, modding cars actually devalues them.

I guess the ultimate example of that is all you guys out there who own the supercharged FN2s.

So is the plan to keep your FN2 until it goes bang or falls apart ?

Does anyone think (or worry) about this ?

I wonder how many FN2 owners will still be on this site in say 5 then 10 years time ?

Still, we have the Mugen CRZ type R and the new Civic type R to look forward to I guess. The site will grow then in time which is good.

Personally I wont bother with the CRZ but I may well be tempted back with Civic but its got to weigh < 1250kgs, have an LSD and 250 bhp !

Cheers

Paul

·
SGP Fk8
9,722 Posts
i plan right now to have mine until its dead mainly due to the money ive spent and going to spend !

things change though so you never know

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
i plan right now to have mine until its dead mainly due to the money ive spent and going to spend !

things change though so you never know
Same here.

Unless I get into the finacial status to afford an EVO 8 I wont be changing cars.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What car did you part ex it for?
Porsche Cayman S - not to everyones taste but OMG it flies ! Torque makes it feel like a turbo too. Love NA so am dreading all this hybrid cr4p we will be driving in a few years time. It was now or never with the CS hence why i switched

·
Premium Member
2,157 Posts
was gonna be for a fair few years... but... i want rid after 4months of ownership ... :/ prob go for a 135i BMW or something turbo'd

·
Milano the only R colour!
412 Posts
I never plan how long I'm gonna keep a car I guess I only change when im bored,

As for getting a gtr next[smilie=ebil-thumbu:

·
Premium Member
2,157 Posts
dude you ARE taking me out in it :D

why ?
Just feels a big heavy car... have to work the engine hard to get anything out of it. costs a fortune to get it near how powerful I'd like it compared to boosted cars.

It's sad to say but my old Corsa VXR was a much better car to drive and build quality. But I've always wanted to own a type R and now just feel I cba modding this car.

The ride quality is horrendous so wont be doing any suspension mod's brakes feel spongy, feel like just a crap base to start with so why waste money.

·
Geordies!!!!:-):-)
1,839 Posts
my first milano R i had has since brand new in 2008 and thought after 2/3yrs usually which is when i get get bored of the same car that i would then change for something else but boy was i wrong with that.
when the 3yrs came around im still very much in love with the R, only thing i really wanted was to change to a CW if i was to keep with the same model for longer,so i got one 4 months ago and im still loving it!!!:D
i plan to keep with it untill i end up seeing more and more chavs driving them,which im hoping wont be for another few more years yet and then it will an r8 if im lucky!!!:D

1 - 20 of 82 Posts