2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,285 Posts
Met a guy the other day with an '02 EP3.
He said he bought it new and expected to run it until it dropped - that was 18 years ago and it is still going strong at 140k miles.
Expect to keep my FN2 for some time, it's 10 yo come next March and with only 55k on the clock at the moment it will most likely do another 10 years as long as parts are still available.
Doing so little mileage now I'm retired that it should do me until I am forced to replace it.

·
Super Moderator
5,285 Posts
It’s a shame Honda never released a 5dr version of the 8G CTR - whilst is it’s not short of criticism I do have a soft spot for the 8G shape, and would get a CTR in a heartbeat if it was a 5dr. Can’t seem to like the FK8 shape at all...
They did - The FD2 - which I would have snapped up pdq.
But in their wisdom kept it for Jap domestic market so any in UK are imports.

·
Super Moderator
5,285 Posts
Do you think that the VED will stay at £0 once there are so many more EVs on the road that the Government's revenue from it drops significantly? It would be a good way to recoup the cost of Covid under the cover of "environmental" concerns over "filthy" diesels.

·
Super Moderator
5,285 Posts
had my FN2 3 1/2 years now and can't see anything I want to change for, it's only got 57k on the clock.
I'm 60 now and having fun so likely to last me for some time yet.

hopefully the 1.8 Si that I've had for 4 years (58k miles) will last as long as well.

·
Super Moderator
5,285 Posts
I will be keeping the FN2 for a while yet.
It's a car with real character instead of just another box with a corporate range wide design to get from A to B.
And it's not f***** electric!

·
Super Moderator
5,285 Posts
I agree very rare sight on the road Numbers must be starting to decline
beleive there were only some 24500 FN2s produced and 7500 of those sold in UK.

Mine has gone from being fun to drive daily to more of a hobby given the money I've spent on it.

·
Super Moderator
5,285 Posts
rare as hen's teeth.
saw 1 in Oxford.

Looking to retire our 2010 Si after 5 years of faultless service for something smaller for Mrs W - a Honda Jazz 1.5 Sport in Brilliant Sporty Blue.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts