2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
81 - 100 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
Now your talking, I'm 37 and when I can finally afford to get into a performance car for a reasonable insurance cost I get influenced to get 'something sensible' I love the go kart nature of the car it's free revving engine that is the last in it's breed

Enjoy the ride while it lasts

·
Registered
Milano Red Fn2
505 Posts
You'll have to forgive my ignorance, I don't know the difference between the different types. I have a bog standard 2007 2.2cdti.
The Fn2 is the Type R version of the Mk8 Civic. It’s got the older 2.0 litre K20 engine which likes 95ron or higher petrol, come September when they introduce E10 once regular unleaded has disappeared from the pumps then we’ll have to fill up with Super Unleaded at around £1.50 a litre 😳

·
Registered
FK8 Type R & FN2 Type R
1,118 Posts
Anybody know much about the CR-Z? Quite like the look of them 👍🏻
Drove one in America a few years back. They look interesting but definitely lack in power, also the hybrid system was a bit of a pain to deal with. Going from an FN2 to a CR-Z would be rather underwhelming imo.

·
Registered
Milano Red Fn2
505 Posts
I’m tinkering with the idea of picking one up as a daily and keeping the Fn2, I’ve never run two cars at once before, don’t know if it would work out, I just really don’t want to part with the Fn2 ☹

·
Registered
FK8 Type R & FN2 Type R
1,118 Posts
I’m tinkering with the idea of picking one up as a daily and keeping the Fn2, I’ve never run two cars at once before, don’t know if it would work out, I just really don’t want to part with the Fn2 ☹
Well they're definitely unique and rare in the UK, don't think I've ever seen one around tbh. If you do get one, go for the 6 speed manual and not the auto like I drove. Would finding parts be difficult though?
I'm with you though on keeping the FN2!

·
Registered
CW GT
2,201 Posts
I was gonna say until im a drooling idiot.........anyone wanna buy Betty? (y) :ROFLMAO:

re: CR-Z my local kebab shop have a modded black n silver one for kebab dropoffs looks superb.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I bought my FN2 as a stop gap 4 years ago. Absolutely love it and spent loads on bodywork and interior parts to get it looking as fresh as new as feasible. Parts include…

Rear lower perspex window - £1k
Double din with OEM fascia and rear camera - £600
Condenser - £300
Full OEM damper refresh/replacement - £600
Bodywork - £1k
Calipers - £200
New door card - £300
Refurbed alloys - £400
Mugen gear knob and steering wheel retrim - £300
Rev Meter fascia - £150

The time has come to sell next year I think. Always wanted to own a V8 so the next car will be a 6.2 C63. I feel that this will be a last chance opportunity as soon V8’s will be gone forever. The 4 doors will also make life easier with having the little one.

I’m fortunate enough to also own a S2000 so can get my vtec kicks in that.

I’ll miss the FN2, no doubt. TBH I never expected to have it as long as I have. It’s a great car even though it’s crashy as anything.

·
Registered
CW GT
2,201 Posts
I bought my FN2 as a stop gap 4 years ago. Absolutely love it and spent loads on bodywork and interior parts to get it looking as fresh as new as feasible. Parts include…

Rear lower perspex window - £1k
Double din with OEM fascia and rear camera - £600
Condenser - £300
Full OEM damper refresh/replacement - £600
Bodywork - £1k
Calipers - £200
New door card - £300
Refurbed alloys - £400
Mugen gear knob and steering wheel retrim - £300
Rev Meter fascia - £150

The time has come to sell next year I think. Always wanted to own a V8 so the next car will be a 6.2 C63. I feel that this will be a last chance opportunity as soon V8’s will be gone forever. The 4 doors will also make life easier with having the little one.

I’m fortunate enough to also own a S2000 so can get my vtec kicks in that.

I’ll miss the FN2, no doubt. TBH I never expected to have it as long as I have. It’s a great car even though it’s crashy as anything.
They get under your skin which is unusually for a Japanese car (ish) 8 cdti then 9 R for me

Reactions: Al_G

·
Registered
CW GT
2,201 Posts
They do. TBH I’d have loved as a 20 year old lad. Now I’ve got 40 and had one for 4 years it’s time to move on.

I’ve owned my S2000 for over 12 years. I can’t see me ever selling it.
I was same with my 59 plate Rocco TSI GT but sold it to my little cousin n at 50 decided sod it I went for a 9g r when I bought Rocco so I hought hell why not when Honda dealership phoned 3yr later

81 - 100 of 108 Posts