2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

Just wondering how flexible the dealers are on these cars.

I'm currently interested in the Civic 2.2 i-ctdi EX model which has a list price of circa £18k.

How much did you pay and what was the list price?

:)

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
I got a good price on my part ex (equalled the best price from any other dealer). I then added the extras I wanted, and rounded down to the nearest £1000 (which gave about £330 off). Proposed it to the dealer, he phoned me back later to say OK and the deal was done.

Don't think there will be many opportunities for discounts when demand is high and supply is low - that's why I didn't take the p with the dealer (who incidentally was the best dealer I have ever dealt with, by quite a long way).

·
Explosive Mind Unleashed
549 Posts
WhatCar? target price has come down now so go to your dealer with that, if he won't do call the Mag and they will find someone that will. :D

·
Premium Member
645 Posts
But watch they don't give you a poor trade in.

I got:

- Best price offered for my car anywhere part ex
- Further £300 off list for the car being delayed
- £150 off the parking sensors
- Agreed I would take the car tax off my trade in
- Free Honda car mats
- 2 yrs free servicing
- Free space saver
- Tank of diesel

Took some hefty negotiations at the time to achieve that. They tried to take the mats out of the deal when I went to sign, so I told them the deal was off and went to leave. The mats went back in sharpish! :lol:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Basically shopped around for best "to change deal". Whether that was more for my old car or discount on my Civic or a bit of both didn't really bother me.

·
Galaxy class starship
1,053 Posts
The dealer offered me a ridiculously low amount for my 206, so I sold it myself for €1000 more.

The thing that made me choose this particular dealer was the delivery date. I was also offered delivery in November. That would've been 9 months!! :x
Now I'm waiting for my car to arrive in July.

Discounts all round for accessories.
I'm getting Honda mats for free as well.

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Hi all new to this forum just catching up with comments. re price my local dealer could only offer £600 off 2.2EX in Blueish Silver after haggling - not good enough so went online and eventually found Brindley Honda fleet at wolverhampton, got £1100 off + full tank of fuel and delivery to doorstep included - declined the delivery offer, prefered to collect myself. All went well ordered Feb 15th and took delivery 20th April (ordered from factory) This appears almost a record from what iv'e read here and elsewhere.Opted for studio pack (camera,mats,door plates & ambiant lighting) fitted by dealer no probs.Can highly recommend this dealer :D ps all's well with the car so far - lovin it!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not too shabby!

So far the best i've been offered is the 2.2 i-cdti EX in Vivid Blue with no extras for £17k on the button.

Thats about £1400 ish cheaper than the list so not too bad!

I'm holding out though as I may get a better offer!

·
Explosive Mind Unleashed
549 Posts
On the PX front, local Honda where I bought mine don't take trade in's themselves as the previous owner had too much stock and lost too much money. What they did was speak to local traders to get them to buy right away. They spoke to someone who bought Mini's and he offered £7250 for 03 Mini one salt 18k, whicg if you look in WhatCar is their best buy for Mini's and was listed at £8125, told him "NO WAY" and put in Autotrader online.

Ad went in on Thursday, first call on Friday, came to view Saturday and drove away (First to see did buy) and I got £8750, yes that £1500 more than any PX.

So don't PX, save yourselves some good money.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Jeffao said:
Hi all new to this forum just catching up with comments. re price my local dealer could only offer £600 off 2.2EX in Blueish Silver after haggling - not good enough so went online and eventually found Brindley Honda fleet at wolverhampton, got £1100 off + full tank of fuel and delivery to doorstep included - declined the delivery offer, prefered to collect myself. All went well ordered Feb 15th and took delivery 20th April (ordered from factory) This appears almost a record from what iv'e read here and elsewhere.Opted for studio pack (camera,mats,door plates & ambiant lighting) fitted by dealer no probs.Can highly recommend this dealer :D ps all's well with the car so far - lovin it!
welcome Jeffao, nice deal you got there too.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Civic 1.8 Sport Galaxy Grey Metallic, 23900 € + 540 € shipping fee + 390 metallic colour = 16,8k£

Thats the gasoline 1.8

Goddamn ships, i wish my ride would come already :)

·
Registered
115 Posts
I got my 1.8 ES with 'free' vivd blue paint. I ordered off the dealer computer looking for cars coming in and so only waited 4 weeks for my car.

I got a good trade in price for my Merc and overall Amethyst Honda of Cheltenham were very good.....I think the reason is that I actually did not deal with a sales person....but the finance guy as I knew I wanted a Honda (just could not decide whether I wanted the year old Accord diesel Sport or the new Civic!!) and needed to sort out the figures!

I also took my tax off the trade in and I don't understand why you guys are saying you got a free tank of fuel....the OTR price includes plates, tanks of fuel, years tax etc. Incidentally I would have preferred not to pay that and pick the car up from Swindon as it is only down the road but you can't do that....so I have subsided the delivery of all you folks who live miles away!!!

:eek:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just got my 1.8 ES in Cosmic Grey on 14th got it for £15,150 (From £16,025) with a further 2,600 for my part-ex
Got front and rear mats thrown in that aswell

Now i just have to replace my speakers and it will be complete!

·
Registered
178 Posts
I got my 2.2 ES for £750 off list + free metallic paint + full fuel/mats/tax (standard as Chelt said) and I got 'pristine' trade-in price for my 04 civic diesel that has 50k on the clock and a hole in the front bumper :oops:. And I got £125 off the price of the dealer fit hands free kit.

Not bad I thought

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
My 1.8EX i-Shift Nighthawk Black cost: £16787

NB Paint 375
Less allowance (disc + paint foc) (750)
Delivery (ouch!) 600
Delivery Pack* 425
Side Step Garnish 55
Reverse Sensors 475
______

TOTAL: £17967
______

*includes: Supagard inside and out, Number Plates, Mudflaps, Carpets, Tank of Fuel, Locking Wheel Nuts.

How does that compare?

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
Big-Chris said:
I got my 2.2 ES for £750 off list + free metallic paint + full fuel/mats/tax (standard as Chelt said) and I got 'pristine' trade-in price for my 04 civic diesel that has 50k on the clock and a hole in the front bumper :oops:. And I got £125 off the price of the dealer fit hands free kit.

Not bad I thought
How much was the HFT dealer fit, and have you had any problems with it?

·
..with Superchips please!
336 Posts
1.8 Sport / Foglights / Spoiler / Co-ax Speakers:- Paid £15,265.00

·
Registered
178 Posts
basegreen said:
How much was the HFT dealer fit, and have you had any problems with it?
list price is £375 but I paid 250, don't know how it performs because I don't get my car for another 3 weeks :roll: I will do a review on it once I have tested it out ;)

·
..with Superchips please!
336 Posts
Roger Stone said:
Trekker308 said:
1.8 Sport / Foglights / Spoiler / Co-ax Speakers:- Paid £15,265.00

Thats a good price how much discount did u get?
Roger, Im too idle to work it out but keep in mind that the foglight/spoiler pack is a current 'freebie' from Honda on the Sport but the price list states:-

1.8 Sport £15,350
Paint 375
Fogs 350
Spoiler 250
Co-ax Spkrs 220

So total = £16,545 - I was happy enough!

.......and it helps to have been in Engineering Purchasing for 30 years - my last annual spend in my job was $60m, so extracting a good deal on a Civic is easy-ish!
:wink:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts