2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Obsessive Modder
2,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
this is my first post and I am hoping to get my first civic (FN2) very soon.

just got this private plate, was wondering what you think its worth...
looks a lot like it says CIIVIIC

Heres what it will look like on my civic:

:popcorn2:

·
Muscles From Brussels
4,073 Posts
Is the white dot in the pic for display purposes or thinking about leaving it there? if so the long arm of :police: will literally pound you for it they arent too good with making it look like something else.

I like it but tbh i wouldnt pay a fortune for it as its just for a specific car would rather something with meaning to myself.

To a honda dealer maybe worth a few ££££££££££

Each to their own and it does look good

·
Obsessive Modder
2,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
haha, I will have a white capped screw there, but that image was only done on paint and the actual dot won't be as big.
Im hoping the police round here will have better things to do :rolleyes:

·
Unofficial Trader
1,295 Posts
haha, I will have a white capped screw there, but that image was only done on paint and the actual dot won't be as big.
Im hoping the police round here will have better things to do :rolleyes:
Well I would never advise trying to make the plate look different. Cos technically you could be done for various things...starting from petrol theft...:worms:

·
Obsessive Modder
2,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
okay the caps not going to be there then :') the only thing is I know several people with number plates that have been changed a lot more than this and they've never been stopped :) but okay ignore I said it ;)

·
Muscles From Brussels
4,073 Posts
okay the caps not going to be there then :') the only thing is I know several people with number plates that have been changed a lot more than this and they've never been stopped :) but okay ignore I said it ;)
It is nice! But honestly i like to push the boundaries but coppers hate that and will go harsh on it very very harsh

·
Obsessive Modder
2,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
perhaps the police are just a bit more lenient over here :cool:

·
Premium Member
1,132 Posts
What ever I paid for a plate I would have to be sure that if I fell on hard times that I could sell it for at least what I paid for it.

·
Obsessive Modder
2,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What ever I paid for a plate I would have to be sure that if I fell on hard times that I could sell it for at least what I paid for it.
yeh, I wont say exactly what I paid, but I would like to get £500+ for it if it come to selling it ;)

·
Registered
716 Posts
Could be pulled up on spacing too should be C11 VHC rather than C11VHC. Not being anal but the rozzers are very keen around me.

With a private plate you only ever buy the privilege to use it. Ownership is technically retained by the Minister/ ministry of transport, 3 tugs by the rozzers and the plate is taken off you.

·
Obsessive Modder
2,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeh i understand mate, as soon as I get pulled over once I would change over for the originals, I have a set with the legal spacing as well :popcorn:

·
Obsessive Modder
2,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Obsessive Modder
2,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I did by the plate recently but I dont think they update their website very often, the DVLA own it, and there are companies that say they are cheaper, but theyre actually not when you add their hidden charges :/

·
Obsessive Modder
2,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm sure you will mate ;)

·
more torque than the mrs
6,793 Posts
i dont want to worry you,you did say you purchased the plate,i take it the orange civic is your car, right if i'm correct the plate you have bought is for a 2011 plate car and cannot be put on a car less than that year and if memory serves me right they stopped the orange colour in 2009 have you made a booboo,prove me wrong please.

·
Obsessive Modder
2,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i dont want to worry you,you did say you purchased the plate,i take it the orange civic is your car, right if i'm correct the plate you have bought is for a 2011 plate car and cannot be put on a car less than that year and if memory serves me right they stopped the orange colour in 2009 have you made a booboo,prove me wrong please.
the orange car was off google, but i hope to get an orange one... and you would be correct if the plate was set out like XX11 XXX but as its X11 XXX it is an old style reg and is fine on any car after 1985 :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts