2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving around with the R this weekend, even showing the car to a friend, and my vtec light hardly came on. I drove on highway, in top gear to save some fuel, but you have to speed like crazy to have the cams change. In town, it's impossible in legal speeds.

You really have to find that piece of winding road with slow, hard corners to exploit the full potential of the car. I am sad I don't have any nearby, I really would like to hear that noise and feel that power more often.

How much you guys can use 'that' revs?

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
70% of my journey to work :) :)

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
I was driving around with the R this weekend, even showing the car to a friend, and my vtec light hardly came on. I drove on highway, in top gear to save some fuel, but you have to speed like crazy to have the cams change. In town, it's impossible in legal speeds.

You really have to find that piece of winding road with slow, hard corners to exploit the full potential of the car. I am sad I don't have any nearby, I really would like to hear that noise and feel that power more often.

my V-tec comes in at 3800 revs., so im constantly in it :D

much better.

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Prob 80% of the time it's so addictive. Were lucky to have great roads to exploit the R to it's potential. What you saying Rowbo am I right.
1 option is to get a Hondata ECU or flashpro so the vtec point drops to 3800 revs making the vtec more accessible and making the car so much more useable.

Where do live Eurogreg?

Mo

·
SGP Fk8
9,722 Posts
Prob 80% of the time it's so addictive. Were lucky to have great roads to exploit the R to it's potential. What you saying Rowbo am I right.
1 option is to get a Hondata ECU or flashpro so the vtec point drops to 3800 revs making the vtec more accessible and making the car so much more useable.

Where do live Eurogreg?

Mo
Your right alright :D i have a great mix long straights and twisty winding roads within a mile of me in every direction

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In Budapest, Hungary, a town full of speed cameras. We have some fine roads not so far, but the surface is really bad. Believe me guys, you can not say a bad word to British roads. Ours are full of potholes. This and my 16 inch winter tyres limit somewhat the vtec time, but once my OE wheels are back this spring, and I will see those potholes in the daylight after work, I will catch you up with vtec engagement :)

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
In Budapest, Hungary, a town full of speed cameras. We have some fine roads not so far, but the surface is really bad. Believe me guys, you can not say a bad word to British roads. Ours are full of potholes. This and my 16 inch winter tyres limit somewhat the vtec time, but once my OE wheels are back this spring, and I will see those potholes in the daylight after work, I will catch you up with vtec engagement :)

I have 16inch honda rims on at the moment, i think they are much better than the rages or standard 18s.

fair enough they look like turds but the car drives a damn site better with them on.

tempted to flog the rages and keep these.

·
Premium Member
2,410 Posts

100% of my journey to work :VTECSMILEY: ;)

Now there is a challenge :D

·
Premium Member
2,202 Posts
As mentioned above, a flashpro will make VTEC more accessible.

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
As mentioned above, a flashpro will make VTEC more accessible.
I don't think anyone knows what's a Flashpro is in Hungary :(

I'll have to visit the UK to have it installed and calibrated, which is definitely a future plan. But just in medium terms.

·
Premium Member
2,202 Posts
I don't think anyone knows what's a Flashpro is in Hungary :(

I'll have to visit the UK to have it installed and calibrated, which is definitely a future plan. But just in medium terms.
Should be ok to just buy it and upload the group N map yourself. VTEC then kicks in at 3800rpm so their will be more moments of 'VTEC jus kicked in yo'. :police:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts