2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As per thread title, how much would you expect to be billed for if you had to have a new clutch on your car?

Been into the dealers today as some scrote has apparently tried to break into my car over the weekend so need a new drivers door handle[smilie=nolikey.gif], and whilst I was there I enquired how much it would be for a new clutch to be fitted (my gearchange is still w4nk!), and I was told that clutch swaps start at 600 quid and can go as high as 1500k if a flywheel is needed!

This kinda took me back to be honest as I thought 400-500 max, not getting up over 1k potentially!

next on my list I think will be a bleed of the clutch hydraulics and a master cyl swap as I have a creaky clutch pedal, clutch bleed was supposed to have been done last service - but never was (brought this up today with service guy who didn't say much!)

This is at main dealers btw, but still it seems to me like there trying to have my pants down!

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,279 Posts
Grinspeed is about £350 iirc but may be slightly more after Brexit as clutches went up slightly.

Add around £200 for a lightened flywheel at the same time :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts