2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok im looking at an April 2006 Civic 2.2 EX in Cosmic Grey.

Dealer wont budge from £17.5... what is a realistic price on this? Any info?

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
Depends on the mileage and history, and what the market (that's you) thinks it's worth. I'd not pay more than £2000 below list, and even then I'd be tempted to try and get a new one for say £800 below list.

I often reckon it's worth buying new over nearly new, sometimes the savings are small but the age/mileage done can be relatively high.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It has 4000 miles, owned by Honda UK themselves...

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What are the downsides to that? Its only done 4k, and looks absolutely mint.. buying from a Honda dealership.

·
Kids use a lot of space
806 Posts
Depends on spec of the actual car.
2.2EX base spec it's too expensive
2.2EX Glass roof, 18" alloys and leather then a good deal.
Work on the dealer a bit more, you can get a new one for less than that.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nope its the base spec...

Will work on the dealer a little more tomorrow... I think I may take it if he can get below 17k..

·
Premium Member
1,615 Posts
bit dear i think for base ex , i could get new ex with lether and glass roof no miles etc for 18k but dont want to wait 4-8 weeks , look in auto trader and exchange and mart then u can compare dealers price which on my hunt as seen the same car vary upto £1,500 (give or take 1-2k miles cant make 1,5k diffences)

·
Kids use a lot of space
806 Posts
Base spec EX gotta be around a grand lower than he's asking

·
Registered
226 Posts
What you need to remember, being a Honda salesman myself, is that some one is going to buy it at that price. The Civic is still strong, even after ten months. I have only ever offered free metallic paint to do a deal. It is such a good car, and the waiting times for a new build are so long, used prices are staying sky high.

Best of luck any how!!

·
Registered
430 Posts
What you need to remember, being a Honda salesman myself, is that some one is going to buy it at that price. The Civic is still strong, even after ten months. I have only ever offered free metallic paint to do a deal. It is such a good car, and the waiting times for a new build are so long, used prices are staying sky high.

Best of luck any how!!
Yes, I was a surprised at 'how little' discount Honda employees actually get (lucky to be part of connections myself), compared to say Ford. Still, can only be a good thing for residuals.

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
It is quite interesting to do a used car search on the Honda website.
The prices for similar specs can vary quite a bit, unless there are some options not listed.
There are not many EX versions around though, a few ES, but most are SE or Sport, and most are Alabaster or Cosmic grey.

Cheers,

Terry

·
Registered
126 Posts
April 2006 Civic 2.2 EX in Cosmic Grey.
I paid £15.5K for a 2.2 Sport in Cosmic Grey, with 18" Storms, reversing sensors etc. It was only 5 months older than the one you've seen, but had 2100 miles. It was an ex Honda Management car.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts