2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks!

I'm planning on buying a new Type R GT this week but I'm rubbish at haggling over prices and I'm not sure how much I should be aiming to pay...

The spec I have in mind comes out at £22,335 including:
- NHB
- Rage alloys
- Sat nav
- Ambient footwell lighting
- Carpets
- ipod adaptor
- mudguards

- also looking at the fixed priced servicing (extra £500)

So, I've got two questions:
1) What should I be aiming to pay for the above?
2) Are there any other options which you feel would be worth adding?

Hope you can help!

Thanks,

Jude

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
Hi justjude and welcome to civinfo. :)

Great choice of car. Hopefully one or two of our dealer members will see this and give you some sort of an idea of a deal.

If it were me I would make a casual enquiry about the price for the Sat Nav model and test the water to see if they would throw the other options in for free. Pehaps not the servicing but who knows. Get some prices from online retailers for just the car and go in armed with this information. :)

·
Registered
184 Posts
I have the City Pack - makes the car look more agressive and helps to protect you from door dinks. They come colour painted.

Quite expensive for what they are though...£500 I think.

·
Premium Member
204 Posts
I opted for the reversing camera with mine and I'm really glad I did. Really useful when reversing especially in space restricted areas like multi storey car parks. I thought about the lighting but decided not to bother as it seemed a lot of money for something that is basically cosmetic and can only be seen by people inside the car at night!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi!

Thanks for the welcome and the advice - much appreciated! I've got a range of quotes from online retailers which have helped me to work out the maximum I'm willing to pay. The dealer already knows I'm interested in the sat nav and the alloys but I've not mentioned the rest yet so will be interesting to see how it goes. Toying with the idea of the City Pack as well now and if I can get the lighting included that would be great :)

Any more thoughts/advice still much appreciated...

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
TBH, I'd go in at the end of the month (i.e. now) and see if they're willing to deal..... they may be willing to stump up a big discount, just to reach sales figures (see my post, "Can't Shift Em'").

Oh, and ask about part-ex, I got over a 1,000 pounds discount by not part-exing my car, would have only got a few hundred if I did. So it's worth asking, and possibly selling your other vehicle privately?

ATB,
Tom

·
Arfurs right hand man
4,125 Posts
TBH, I'd go in at the end of the month (i.e. now) and see if they're willing to deal..... they may be willing to stump up a big discount, just to reach sales figures (see my post, "Can't Shift Em'").

Oh, and ask about part-ex, I got over a 1,000 pounds discount by not part-exing my car, would have only got a few hundred if I did. So it's worth asking, and possibly selling your other vehicle privately?

ATB,
Tom
perfectamundo - any later than this weekend and you run the risk of missing the boat totally.

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
you might want to consider DIY interior lighting, and for that matter DIY rear view camera...

Lights are easier than the cam, but neither are too much hassle if you're happy tyaing panels off, and it would save a good few quid :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi guys,

Well...I've put down my deposit and the new car arrives mid/end March!!! Went in with some print outs showing the discounts from various online car dealers and was able to use those as a bargaining tool which I found really helpful - managed to get just over £1500 off the list price! :D

Definitely selling my current car privately. It's a Daihatsu Cuore Avanzato TRXX R4 and there's not many of them around so it seemed sensible to do it that way.

Decided to add in the City Pack as well in the end but have resisted the rear view camera - may get it fitted at a later date but thought I would see if I have any probs with reversing it first.

Thanks for all your help - I've found the forum and wiki really useful :)

Jude

·
i-VTEC Junkie
183 Posts
Got mine for 19,300

- Type R GT
- Red
- Std 18 alloys
- Sat nav / HFT
- Ambient footwell lighting (done myself)
- Carpets
- mudguards
- SuperGuard
- Sticker Pack (done myself)

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
I paid £19k for Millano with rages carpets &lights & they fitted my 8 disc for free

1 - 13 of 13 Posts