2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
You're or your..........
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pretty much every chance I get (over 10 - 15 times a day). Very addictive :oops:.

What about you people?

·
Civinfo's Bulb Supplier
13,427 Posts
I use it about the same as you mate, and give it a special Vtec blast when we beat Man United ;)

·
Premium Member
1,292 Posts
More interested in MPG rather than VTEC at the moment :(:(;)

·
Registered
412 Posts
NEEMSTAR ...With you man ...Thats what the car is about ...drive it ...But I dont drive without thinkin about my actions....Like my motorcycles ..I ride the odds i dont stack em ...ON A STEEL HORSE I RIDE

·
Civinfo's Bulb Supplier
13,427 Posts
In fairness Jazzman your VTEC is for economy LOL!

I'm always exploiting my DOHC, probably why I'm only getting 22MPG on my current tank!

And Neemo, 2 Best footballing sides in the country (if not europe), what a great advert for our beautiful league the game was :)

·
Premium Member
1,292 Posts
In fairness Jazzman your VTEC is for economy LOL!
With a max of 128 mph (58mph over the limit ) and 0-60 in well under 9 secs it`s plenty fast enough, oh I nearly forgot the 38 mpg, I`m a old but happy bunny

:VTECSMILEY:P:S £4.25 per gallon is not cheap in anyone`s imagination:VTECSMILEY:

·
Civinfo's Bulb Supplier
13,427 Posts
Yeah I know I think the 1.8 is a great engine. It just sounded funny that you said you are more interested in MPG more than VTEC but your MPG depends on VTEC :D

·
Premium Member
1,292 Posts
It`s the old saying "mpg grows with age" but it`s still great fun;);):D

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
Pretty much every chance I get (over 10 - 15 times a day). Very addictive :oops:.

What about you people?
i thought that will damage your engine if you ues too many times!,,thats why i only use once two days lo!,,,;)

·
Administrator
19,185 Posts
I use Vtec very rarely as I live in a small city. Although today I was being hounded by a black Audi who was literally stuck 2 inches from my rear bumper on the way home from a shopping centre today. So, I decided to put a little bit of distance between me and the Audi - It's damn hard to keep within the speed limit when Vtec kicks in! I managed it though :D

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
You're not serious are you?

You are probably more likely to do more damage not using it!
r u sure?... coz thats one of the reason why i dont get the new ecu too soon!...:p

·
Civinfo's Bulb Supplier
13,427 Posts
Mate, unless you have sold up and bought a Citroen, I'm sure as I can be, who told you that?

You own a Type-R mate, The K20 don't break, it begs to be revved!

What have you been doing [smilie=cheeky-grin:

·
Civinfo's Bulb Supplier
13,427 Posts
:confused:

Why would you do all the mods you have done and be afraid of VTEC, I'm rolling around my floor with laughter :D

Are you having us on K?

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
my dealer!!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad:
.... i hardly put my foot down!!!!!! and as i have spend loads of money on my car and drive it like a 70 years old man!>..:oops::oops::oops: im sorry my R!>..

·
Administrator
19,185 Posts
I have to agree with Mr JP here. Sometimes when I am in eco mode the car seems to be very unhappy with me and stutters and judders, I then give it a blast and everything is fine again........and I don't even have a CTR :shock:

·
You're or your..........
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
:| lol who is your dealer ? name and shame the fools :p

seriously - as long as you let it warm up you can VTEC all day long - it won't hurt anything apart from your wallet mate.

I feel sorry for your R too, go out and thrape it !!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 117 Posts