2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really long for that rally car exhaust note and all the pops and bangs that come with it the problem is i just don't know how to achieve it.

Is it the case of literally just having a straight through system with no silencer or have it be a small one and adjusting the fuel management to run slightly richer than normal thus giving the pops and bangs?

I already have a Racing manifold and a tegi exhaust system, is the tegi system too restrictive in what im hoping to achieve? What else would i need, any suggestions guys, girls?

I would hope to achieve something close to this...

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
Martelius exhaust with tegi mani and I get pops and bangs and it's very loud indeed lol

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Get a rally exhaust? (Martelius)

·
Registered
905 Posts
Forget track days with mertilous. It's usually turbo cars which ignite unburnt fuel in the exhaust system. Never herd of a any Honda with lots of pops and bangs. Making the rear silencer smaller gives you a few pops.

·
Premium Member
2,617 Posts
Forget track days with mertilous. It's usually turbo cars which ignite unburnt fuel in the exhaust system. Never herd of a any Honda with lots of pops and bangs. Making the rear silencer smaller gives you a few pops.
When you tune an NA for racing you can do it. It won't be road legal though, will fail an MOT.

·
Premium Member
1,214 Posts
ABP fitted my Martelius today and it's loud! Pops etc all there and currently the car has a standard manifold! No doubt it will be even louder when I get the CPL one fitted and a custom re-map!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
Go FI and you'll get the "pops and bangs"

1 - 20 of 34 Posts