2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 216 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
To enable and disable Auto Locking and Auto unlocking

To turn on auto-locking at 10mph (16kph)
- Close the driver's door
- Put the key into position II
- Hold down the door lock button until you hear two sets of "locking" noises. This takes about 6 seconds**.
- Turn the key back to position I

To turn on auto-unlocking when turning off the ignition
- Close the driver's door
- Hold down the door unlock button until you hear two sets of "unlocking" noises. This takes about 6 seconds**.

To turn off auto-locking at 10mph (16kph)
- Open the driver's door
- Hold down the door lock button until you hear two sets of "locking" noises. This takes about 6 seconds**.

To turn off auto-unlocking when turning off the ignition
- Open the driver's door
- Hold down the door unlock button until you hear two sets of "unlocking" noises. This takes about 6 seconds**.

**When you press the button you will hear the door locks activate right away. Keep the button pressed until you hear the same noise again, this should be around 6 or 7 seconds.

[Thanks to BigBoysToys and all the other members involved in figuring this out. And please note this is carried out at the owner's risk! - Basegreen]

·
Registered
36 Posts
Does anyone know (and I'm hoping not through experience) if the car is clever enough to sense when it has been in an accident and automatically unlock the doors? I would hate to be in a serious accident and struggle to get out because the doors had auto locked.

·
12th June 2006 1.8EX
1,119 Posts
civvie06 said:
Does anyone know (and I'm hoping not through experience) if the car is clever enough to sense when it has been in an accident and automatically unlock the doors? I would hate to be in a serious accident and struggle to get out because the doors had auto locked.
This used to be done with an inetia switch on the Rover 75s, don't know if the Civic has one though. Having said that a lot of folk always drive with the doors locked, so how do they go on?

Reminds me of a 3 month old Jag that was on ebay for parts - a guy stopped at an accident and helped one of the injured into the back seat of his 'pride and joy', when the ambulance and fire brigade arrived the injured guy complained of numbness so the abulance guys afraid of a spinal injury got the fire brigade to remove the roof and doors from the Jag with hydraulic cutters before moving him! The Jag owner was not amused.

·
您看了
456 Posts
I was speaking to a Honda techie the other day and he checked the notice log for the 2006 Civic (tells them of known bugs and fixes etc) looking for the fix instructions for the fuel filler cap and he noticed that there is now a note on the system relating to auto door locks.....

"Auto door locking is a non UK market feature that some UK owners might accidentaly activate. If a car is found with autodoorlocking switched on it must be deactivated by following the procedure below...." :evil:

Or words to that exact effect.

So from that I'm guessing that Honda havent had the Autodoor locking hologomated for the UK market. Interesting.

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
CivPilot said:
I was speaking to a Honda techie the other day and he checked the notice log for the 2006 Civic (tells them of known bugs and fixes etc) looking for the fix instructions for the fuel filler cap and he noticed that there is now a note on the system relating to auto door locks.....

"Auto door locking is a non UK market feature that some UK owners might accidentaly activate. If a car is found with autodoorlocking switched on it must be deactivated by following the procedure below...." :evil:

So from that I'm guessing that Honda havent had the Autodoor locking hologomated for the UK market. Interesting.
"hologomated" - Sorry??

And I don't see why they'd want to panic and disable it! Although I wouldn't care too much because I'd just stick it on again immediatly. I just hope that they don't disable it in a s/w fix or something.

·
Registered
347 Posts
CivPilot said:

[cynical]

Do not accidentally do something that might be helpful to owners:

• If you find a spare wheel in the car, remove it and replace with sticky gunk.
  • If you find a hands free telephone system that works, move the microphone to somehere where it won't be in range of the driver.
  • Advertise a cheap pre-paid service package, and then refuse to supply it.
[/cynical]

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
hi guys been trying to set the automatic door locks but i cant seem to get this to work on my new ex honda i think i am doin something wrong but i dont know what or my car hasent got this function i dont think

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
I have it activated on my EX. No problem, just followed BG's advice (see 1st posting above). Make sure you are turning the key to postion II (it will not work in position I). :wink:

·
Registered
347 Posts
john1509 said:
hi guys been trying to set the automatic door locks but i cant seem to get this to work on my new ex honda i think i am doin something wrong but i dont know what or my car hasent got this function i dont think
I had trouble until I realised that the drivers door needs to be open while you are doing the setup. My usual problem, if all else fails, read the manual. :roll:

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
Did mine ok with the door closed?

The bit I DID get wrong at first though, was working out what was meant by the 'door lock button' - it's the one on the door itself, near the window switches.

NOT (as I was trying :oops: ) the lock button on the remote...

The other thing I did wrong at first (PC inside, car outside, crap memory LOL) was not turning it back to postition I...

But once I wrote it out, and carried the PostIt to the car, it worked fine :D

·
Registered
277 Posts
Following what CivPilot has said has anyone who has set the autolocks and had to take their car to Honda for any work found that the dealer has deactivated the autolocks ?

·
Registered
347 Posts
Newboy said:
Following what CivPilot has said has anyone who has set the autolocks and had to take their car to Honda for any work found that the dealer has deactivated the autolocks ?
No, mine are still auto-locking after 7 days and 3 visits to the dealer to get the leaking rear window fixed.

·
Registered
975 Posts
finally got round to doing this and i love it already

·
Registered
29 Posts
Got mine working - hadn't read it properly to begin with and forgot to switch key back to position I after double locking noise from doors lock switch. Now I've followed instructions properly, works a treat...

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
Unfortunately, this will only work for 2006 models. If you get a 2007, then it has been deleted from the software.

How do you know which model year you have?

- 2006 : SHHFK37606U000258
- 2007 : SHHFK37607U000258

The 2 bold digits show you.

Pottsy

·
Registered
430 Posts
Unfortunately, this will only work for 2006 models. If you get a 2007, then it has been deleted from the software.

How do you know which model year you have?

- 2006 : SHHFK37606U000258
- 2007 : SHHFK37607U000258

The 2 bold digits show you.

Pottsy
How the 'eck do you find this out......

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It is also worth noting that doing this is NOT officially recommended by Honda.

1 - 20 of 216 Posts