2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have uk 14 plate civic and want to by pass system so kids can watch DVD while driving is it possible?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
21,035 Posts
You would need to move the screen because if you can see it as the driver it's illegal whilst moving.

Get them a tablet or one of the systems that clip to the headrests and sit them in the back.

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
I have uk 14 plate civic and want to by pass system so kids can watch DVD while driving is it possible?

Having looked in to this my self, it's not possible. To do you would need to do two things.

First you need to disable the handbrake lockout by grounding the sense wire... however this can have other affects on the car i.e it telling you handbrake is constantly on

Second you need to fool the VSP sense.. this is where the HU is linked to the ECU and knows the vehicle speed i.e if over zero, screen locked out.

There are boxes on the market that can overcome both these but they are designed for other brand HU's, not the Honda and AFIK, no one has tried it on a UK Civic.

As Krem said, prob better to invest in rear seat DVD players/Tablets.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Having looked in to this my self, it's not possible. To do you would need to do two things.

First you need to disable the handbrake lockout by grounding the sense wire... however this can have other affects on the car i.e it telling you handbrake is constantly on

Second you need to fool the VSP sense.. this is where the HU is linked to the ECU and knows the vehicle speed i.e if over zero, screen locked out.

There are boxes on the market that can overcome both these but they are designed for other brand HU's, not the Honda and AFIK, no one has tried it on a UK Civic.

As Krem said, prob better to invest in rear seat DVD players/Tablets.

Oh great I know my brother fine it in he's audi oh well. Would have been cool

1 - 4 of 4 Posts