2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've only used the sat nav in my new 2.2 EX once and couldn't work out how to actually cancel the route planning once I'd reached an area I knew. I'd successfully made it to a friends house via sat nav and when I left I set the sat nav to direct me home. Shortly I was in an area I knew and no longer needed the sat nav's directions but didn't know how to turn it off. Is there a simple way to cancel the directions?

Cheers

Kithran

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,260 Posts
I tried the "Stop Guidance" voice command a few times but it insisted on telling me the time to my destination.

I then spoke slowly and more clearly and it said "Hide Restaurant" !!!!!!!!!!

Nothing like it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I experimented a bit last night and had no trouble stopping guidance via the controls however like Kremmen voice control proved impossible - I had the time, time to destination and tepmerature balance as responses, never actually managed to get it to stop guidance.

Kithran

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ah ha, solved the problem of cancelling a route verbally - the command isn't stop guidance. What you need to do is the following:

'Cancel' - gets you to the same screen as the return button then
'Stop Guidance' - has the same effect as choosing stop guidance on that screen then
'Yes' - chooses yes from the yes no screen.

And voila route cancelled (and had no problems with the mic picking up commands doing 70 down the m3 :) )

Kithran

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,260 Posts
Yep, I cracked it last night.

You need to press the RETURN button on the steering wheel first. That then displays Stop Guidance as the top of the list.

Must see if the wife has a return button so she will then do as she's told first time :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts