2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HOW TO CARBON FIBRE ARMREST AND ashtray shutter. anyone got any hints how to remove these two

·
無限 Unlimited
3,740 Posts
ashtray box just pulls out if you roll back the centre console pocket, unsure about the armrest though sorry

·
Premium Member
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no i mean the shutter that slides over. i never had an ashtray in mine lol (second hand car)

yeah its in alcantara cloth material but i thoght id give it a carbon look . do you think the surface might be a bit rough for resting arm on in the summer ? as im getting the textured carbon wrap

·
Premium Member
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ohhh will be doing my pillars also

·
Premium Member
1,006 Posts
Do you think the shutter will still roll when covered in carbon wrap? im not so sure.
You are prob going to have to take the centre console out but its not too big a job.Just a few bolts/clips along the bottom then carefull thread it over the handbrake.

·
Premium Member
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
mght do rear door lever

im talking about this bit here the shutter bit - unwrapped bit

how on earth is the speaker ring wrapped ?

·
無限 Unlimited
3,740 Posts
I know how for the speaker rings at least as I sprayed mine silver :D

you remove the door card and there are three screws you undo and you then pop the plastic clips to remove the speaker ring. From thereyou could lay your carbon wrap on top, stick down and cut round.

For the rolling pocket I'd have a ago removing it using that diagram you have showing all the screws that hold things in place.

·
Premium Member
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
someone on here has wrapped the shutter i think they used the thinner foil material which allowed themn to bend it and allowed them to open and close the shutter without any chaffering .

ah ok so the speaker ring is an actual separate ring and not part of the door mould

·
無限 Unlimited
3,740 Posts
someone on here has wrapped the shutter i think they used the thinner foil material which allowed themn to bend it and allowed them to open and close the shutter without any chaffering .

ah ok so the speaker ring is an actual separate ring and not part of the door mould
I think it was 'pcwd' who carbon wrapped the shutter bit perhaps drop him a PM?

·
Premium Member
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ahhhhhhh

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
not a fan of the wrap - prefer the wet look you get from skinning items but these are alot thicker - havent seena wet look wrap yet - if i did i would prefer to use that

·
*Lisa* Alabaster Princess
1,750 Posts
how on earth is the speaker ring wrapped ?

By my very talented boyfriend!
He cut a square which covered the whole thing then heated it so it stuck to the ring and then cut of the excess, simple :)

Just did it on the door - no need to muck around taking door cards off!

·
Jack Bauer is my God
274 Posts
He cut a square which covered the whole thing then heated it so it stuck to the ring and then cut of the excess, simple :)

Thats brilliant and probably the best way of doing anything that isn't flat! [smilie=thumbup.gif]

·
Replica man
2,175 Posts

can you get him to bring his tools to south mimms please :p

·
Replica man
2,175 Posts
I will indeed :p

Did you receive the bits from him?

I did, i will now refer to him as MR legend;) he's helped me out quite a bit in the last few weeks

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.