2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Need to change the front indicator bulbs, tried doing it today took a load of plastic trim off and snapped a lot of plastic clips and couldnt get near the damm bulb!! So i gave up after an hour of stress.

Anyone any ideas?? Its an 07 Type S GT.

·
Administrator
19,178 Posts
I think it might be a good idea to take it to the dealer and get them to change it.

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
Is it not in the manual ??

·
No Jedi mind tricks pls
394 Posts
bump.............

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ive Tryed This On My Civic. I Took The Front Wheel Off Then The Arch Lining, Saw The Back Of The Indicator But There Where Pipes in The Way Grrrrr. Luckly The Bulbs Have Gone Yet Tho. Sorry Thats The Only Way I Can See But U Need Small Japanese Hands.

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Amazing that you found it difficult even with the wheel off! If that's the case then there's no hope for us without a set of those Japanese hands :(

You get access from inside the wheel arch, there's a few clips to remove then you can pull back the cover and access the indicator behind. It's a very peculiar setup, tbh... my old Fiesta required the indicator bulb removing, contacts cleaning and then reseating every now and again otherwise it would stop working - to have to do that on this car would drive me insane!

·
The flying Dutchman
967 Posts
i did both of my civic today, you dont have to remove the wheel, just makes sure it is pointing to the correct side of the wheelroom ( i dont know the proper name in english), the use a flat screwdriver to open 3 clips on the frontside of the "wheelroom" so you can get behind it, you can then pull the whole thing towards the wheel.
if you look, you will see that there is a small connector at the front, you have to give it a quarter counter clockwise so you can pull it back.
then just change the bulb and put the things back together.

it took me no more then 10 minutes per side, and im not small and japanese, my hands are rather big but i found it do-able.

sorry for me bad english as even i can tell its rubbish in my post.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi Alpha

could you take a photo of which three clips you removed, as i changed my dip-beam bulbs today, and had a look inside the wheel arch to replace my indicators, and there's loads of clips.
Did you just take them off with a screwdriver?
cheers

·
The flying Dutchman
967 Posts
ill take some pics tomorrow, bit to dark for it at the moment

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
Great guide photos. Will be doing one this weekend :(

·
Premium Member
1,663 Posts
So I attempted this and the damn bulb unscrewed itself as I put it back in the light and is now rolling around in there as I have no idea how to get it out any ideas lol

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi All,

Need to change the front indicator bulbs, tried doing it today took a load of plastic trim off and snapped a lot of plastic clips and couldnt get near the damm bulb!! So i gave up after an hour of stress.

Anyone any ideas?? Its an 07 Type S GT.
I find it easiest because it's so easy to take the whole front bumper off, then take the headlights out

·
Registered
1 Posts
After Halfords failed to change the bulb, and did not get all the internal plastic trim back on. I took this to a garage. It took 2 hours in total, taking off the wheel, then about 5 clips to remove the plastic wheel arch. Then it was the offside indicator, so the screen-wash pipes, that pass through behind bulbs had to be removed as well. Compete nightmare!! What would be the point of carrying a spare bulb in Europe. There is no way you could change it at the side of the road.

Just changed bulb in Porsche Boxster. Turn single hex nut, using tool in toolkit by 180 degrees and whole light unit came out the front of the car. No wires. Just change bulb, sitting in the car, and replace the whole unit.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Changed my offside bulb not long back, took the wheel off and a couple of screws and three or four clips, pulled the trim away at one edge hand in and changed the bulb. A lot of cars have an inspection cover in the trim you remove to gain easy access I am considering cutting one into the trim and covering over with a plate attached with self tappers.

·
Registered
12 Posts
This is a pig of a job. I just replaced my offside indicator bulb by "feel" more than anything. The handbook says to remove the clips and peel the liner back to change the bulb. I did just that, 2 clips peel back and struggle with trapped hands and scratched arms until I got the old one out.Then I was only just able to twist it back in with fingertips about 1/8 of a turn. It is in and is working. phew.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ah, sorry I thought they were one and the same.. My nearside front light has gone so when I unlock the car, only the amber light on the off-side comes on.

So it's a different bulb to the indicator (Mine's definitely gone on the nearside as well, indicator's flashing fast and it doesn't light).

Sorry for my ignorance :p

EDIT: I'm a retard. It is the indicators that flash when you unlock the car and these are not parking lights. Jesus.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts