2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Henkepenk
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Even though this is so easy it´s always nice with a little guide with pictures and this is the absolutely fastest way to change your filter, feel free to speed it up ;)

Step 1
Reach in behind your filter with one hand (or both, which goes even faster), theres space, I promise.

Step 2
Unscrew the HKS screw with your hands, DON´T drop it or this will be your longest change instead haha :cool:

Step 3
With the HKS screw of, just take the mushroom filter out by tilting it.

Step 4
Remove the old filter and insert your new one (Can be ordered from Welcome to SumoPower :: Sumo Power, I believe it´s 200mm)

Step 5
Do it all again in reverse :D and DON´T drop the HKS screw haha and make sure you put the filter back on straight, you can feel with your fingers aorund the edge.

·
Registered
68 Posts
thanks. how many km i can drive on normal street (no desert ;-)) until i have to change... i guess it was something between 5.000 or 10.000 km. am i right?

·
Henkepenk
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From the HKS Manual...
"(Recommended) Replace every 3,000-5,000km/2,000-3,200miles or every 3-6 months.
*Do not Wash the filter"

I have driven mine for about 1,000km under 2-3 months and it´s still perfectly yellow :)

·
K20 addict
983 Posts
How much are the mushroom filters? Seems a bit dodgy that some are £25 and some are £120!! (the whole unit now just the foam)

·
Henkepenk
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How much are the mushroom filters? Seems a bit dodgy that some are £25 and some are £120!! (the whole unit now just the foam)
The filter costs around £20 and the frame for the filter is around £120. Then there are full kits. RSK (Racing Suction Kit) which is better and more expensive than SPF (Super Power Flow)

HKS Parts, Hendyperformance

·
K20 addict
983 Posts
The filter costs around £20 and then there are full kits. RSK (Racing Suction Kit) which is better and more expensive than SPF (Super Power Flow)

HKS Parts, Hendyperformance
Ahhhh rsk is racing suction kit of course. I ask cos if you look on ebay the hks filter can be had for 25 (looks like same seller for all) but then another seller sells them at 120! Plus the foam refills are 25 on their own too.

·
Henkepenk
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ahhhh rsk is racing suction kit of course. I ask cos if you look on ebay the hks filter can be had for 25 (looks like same seller for all) but then another seller sells them at 120! Plus the foam refills are 25 on their own too.
Yeah I made an edit on my old post cus for 120 you get the metal frame for the filter and for 25 it´s only the filter

Reactions: Danith

·
K20 addict
983 Posts
Yeah I made an edit on my old post cus for 120 you get the metal frame for the filter and for 25 it´s only the filter
Must be made of gold that frame

1 - 8 of 8 Posts