2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DISCLAIMER I take absolutely NO responsibility for damage or loss as a result of following this guide It is merely a guide and one you should follow with care. I am an extremely paranoid individual which is why i have undertaken such an extreme step to enhance my cars security. DISCLAIMER

Before i start, this mod is to be undertaken with caution, In so doing this mod in the UNLIKELY but not impossible event of your battery running completely flat, entry to your car will be impossible without causing damage-
Unless you take steps to enable access to the battery alternatively I,e permanent jump leads insulated and tucked away safely and securely down the inner side of your bumper/wings. ****

The easiest way into your car is through the lock with a flat screwdriver or similar object. Then the car can be stolen by accessing the Ecu diagnostic port and loading a bypassing program from a laptop/pda etc.

This modification removes the first point of access. Only making it harder although not impossible to gain entry.

1. obtain a passenger side door handle. (i bought one off ebay for £20)

2. remove door card. (see "how to remove door handles" in the how to section)

3. undo the door handle securing bolts

4. undo the lock mechanism securing screws, 3 in no.

5. remove lock wire and move to one side.

6. remove the lock barrel.

7. remove the aluminum bracket that mounts the handle to the door.

8.now on the outside your door handle will be hanging freely by the latch wire it rotates 180 degrees and gives you access to every screw so there is no need to remove the handle completely

9. undo the bolts holding the main parts of the handle together.

10. remove silver outer handle sheath and replace with passenger outer sheath.

11. reassemble door handle, replace in door and mate back onto the aluminum bracket.

12. reassembly is a reverse of dissassembly.

Its up to you if you wish to put the barrel mechanism and the wire back onto the door.

There you have it, keyless entry for £20 quid.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
I try to translate:

Comment No. 15:
They are only problems of radio interference, the frequencies used by remote controls are similar to those of the gates of satellite TV, wireless and a bunch of other things or wireless radio-controlled, because the so-called "open spectrum" is very small.
In town it can happen that there is same noise, and the control of the car if hear any noise go to alert. So for a little time does not accept other commands.

Bye...

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
Parking under a pylon can also cause this :(

Reactions: crowmar kirkliss

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I try to translate:

Comment No. 15:
They are only problems of radio interference, the frequencies used by remote controls are similar to those of the gates of satellite TV, wireless and a bunch of other things or wireless radio-controlled, because the so-called "open spectrum" is very small.
In town it can happen that there is same noise, and the control of the car if hear any noise go to alert. So for a little time does not accept other commands.

Bye...
Parking under a pylon can also cause this :(

Ok so ive done a bit of testing and after parking up in the city centre in various places, and i even drove out to the country to find a pylon lol i can say that my car still has no trouble unlocking and locking via the remote. Although i wasnt quite under the pylon i was pretty close so im guessing its ok.

I'll just have to avoid parking directly under one.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nice job :thumbsup:

I think my only worry would be that if the battery goes down the car automatically deadlocks itself !!

Unless you take steps to enable access to the battery alternatively I,e permanent jump leads insulated and tucked away safely and securely down the inner side of your bumper/wings. ****

I always dead lock the car by pressing the lock button on the keyfob twice.
dont seem to have any trouble unlocking it

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
Good for you :)

Let's hope you always have a successful entry ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
Not really keyless entry :(

I understand keyless as you dont need the key (fob) in your hand at all I.e car unlocks if key is within 1m or so.

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
Depends on the manufacturer I think. Some call it 'keyless' entry simply because you don't have to put the key in the door.

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
I can understand why you have done this. I used to have a Pug 306 and in the end I delocked both the doors. It was broken into on 2 separate occasions. First time they forced the passenger lock so I delocked that. Then they did the drivers lock a couple of months later. So I did that too. Never had any problems but I always worried about getting locked out!! Just hope that doesn't happen to you :)

The muppets even forced the lock on the glovebox, despite the fact it wasn't even locked :mad:

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I can understand why you have done this. I used to have a Pug 306 and in the end I delocked both the doors. It was broken into on 2 separate occasions. First time they forced the passenger lock so I delocked that. Then they did the drivers lock a couple of months later. So I did that too. Never had any problems but I always worried about getting locked out!! Just hope that doesn't happen to you :)

The muppets even forced the lock on the glovebox, despite the fact it wasn't even locked :mad:

any obstacle no matter how small i can place in the way of these crims to slow them down will be worthwhile in my opinion.

I read a thread a while back about a guy on here form somewhere in europe that had TWO ctr's nicked by this very method.

·
OMG8THGENEX
842 Posts
...love it as a cosmetic mod!

...pointless for security though, every car i've had broken into they just smashed the window.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.