2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to disable the frost alert alarm on a 2010 civic Si or lower the temperature at which it alarms? as it keeps going off in my car when it reaches anywhere near 3degc.

Thanks

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
Yeah, if the temperature drops below 3 degrees while you're driving, it will flash up.
AFAIK there's no way of turning it off via a menu or anything, and I wouldn't even know where to begin to disable it 'manually'.

Is it really trhat much of an annoyance? It only flashes up for a couple of seconds.

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
How comes it came up for me yesterday and it was 6c?

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
I thought I read somewhere it came on at 3 degrees, maybe not. 6 degrees seems a bit high though.

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
Ive seen it come on at 8c and ive seen it not come up
at 0c before?!? Anyone know how it works?

·
Premium Member
738 Posts
Ive seen it come on at 8c and ive seen it not come up
at 0c before?!? Anyone know how it works?
If it is 3 degrees or below when the car is started, you don't get the bleep & the big snowflake symbol, just a subtle pulsing of the temperature display in the revcounter.

Like this:-

If it is 4 degrees or above when you start the car, and then whilst driving the temperature drops to 3 or below, then you get the bleep & the snowflake symbol.

Don't know of any way of changing the temperature it which it kicks in, though - and as far as I remember, mine always used 3 degrees as the warning point.

·
Administrator
21,170 Posts
I think the logic is that at temps of 3°C and below you could encounter black ice.

Mine also cuts in at 3

·
Registered
187 Posts
Mine also at 3. You can manually make the temp sensor read higher than it actually is by a few degrees, so you could do that and it won't cut in with the beep til it's 0 or so... Aslong as you remember to -3 from the temp when you want to know it though :p

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
yes it is 3. Black ice forms at tha temp. which in these parts is mid july average

1 - 10 of 10 Posts