2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
right my 2010 plate with EGR off map had started to experience occasional clutch slip under hard driving, for example coming out of a round about in 3rd or 4th then flooring it from about 2k revs, wouldnt happen every time but was becoming more common.
So i put back my standard map last night took the car for a spin and couldnt seem to get it too slip...
What i want to do is know i can replicate the slip so i can go back to honda and get it changed under warranty

i know people say goto a hill put car in 5th at 2k revs and floor it, does that mean from a standstill?

·
Civinfo Wind Up Merchant
2,472 Posts
Doesn't even need to be a hill, this just puts more load on the clutch so it's more likely to slip

Any of the higher gears 4th,5th or 6th; drive along at just under 2000rpm then put your foot to the floor

If your clutch is slipping it will rev up to approx 3000rpm without any/much actual acceleration of the car

good luck :)

·
Premium Member
1,139 Posts
Nursing mine atm doing the same.

Payday soon :popcorn:

·
Premium Member
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thats what it was doing with the map on, now its back to standard it doesnt seem to want to slip as it doesnt have the same power!!....
maybe i just need to to have a heavier foot!

Doesn't even need to be a hill, this just puts more load on the clutch so it's more likely to slip

Any of the higher gears 4th,5th or 6th; drive along at just under 2000rpm then put your foot to the floor

If your clutch is slipping it will rev up to approx 3000rpm without any/much actual acceleration of the car

good luck :)

·
Premium Member
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i take it the car was undamaged then?
?? was that to me??
i just been out and tried it and the standard map just accelerates no sign of clutch slip, will try the elite stage one with egr ON and see if that causes anything... standard map feels so tame! on certain roundabouts i drive all the time i was flooring it at the apex and whereas with the Stage 2 egr off map id be starting to break traction and accerating at a vast rate, i was still able to sit comfortably on the apex with full traction accelerating at a steady pace haha... :)

·
Premium Member
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh na wasnt mine...better go check mine is still outside....
Put the elite stage one map on now and still the clutch seems ok? Maybe i was imagining it?

·
Bantersaurus Rex
1,567 Posts
From a standstill put your car into 5th gear and try to pull away, if the car doesnt stall and starts moving then your clutch is more than likely slipping already or about to start... thats what I was once told anyway...

·
Civinfo Wind Up Merchant
2,472 Posts
From a standstill put your car into 5th gear and try to pull away, if the car doesnt stall and starts moving then your clutch is more than likely slipping already or about to start... thats what I was once told anyway...
Sounds daft to me (no offense meant mate!)
Releasing the clutch in 5th while not moving is going to put alot of strain all over the place, not saying you're going to snap a shaft, but it's not healthy :rolleyes:

If you can't replicate the slip on OEM map then the clutch is on it's way out but not quite there yet, the added power just highlights this :(

·
Bantersaurus Rex
1,567 Posts
None taken fella obviousky would not reccomend dropping the clutch in 5th haha just a tip a used car dealer once told me! I dont know how useful or effective it is...

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk

·
Civinfo Wind Up Merchant
2,472 Posts
Used car dealer :facepalm:
I don't even let them look at my car; let alone give me 'tips'! haha (or offers!)
(Currently working at EH Ford with a big Used department)

The best way to check for slip is mentioned above, it's not too much (sudden) strain on any components and assuming you dont hold it flat out and promote slip alot it wont cause TOO much damage to the clutch/flywheel, obviously it will wear the plates down over time more prematurly

·
Premium Member
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ill just wack the the big power map back on and let it mangle the clutch somemore again.

F6Had i will be up at elites next week monday to wednesday if you are about?

·
Civinfo Wind Up Merchant
2,472 Posts
You using the galleto ??

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.