2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The following how-to will show you how to fit the new Tegiwa Rigid Collar Kit to an FN2.

THIS IS THE CORRECT WAY!

This procedure may work for other 8th gen models but please check with your local dealership or Tegiwa directly.

Equipment/Tools Required:

- Pair of axle stands
- Car jack
- 17mm hex socket
- Socket extension
- Ratchet
- Breaker Bar (not necessary but will help)
- Tegiwa Rigid Collar Kit

1. Jack the car up and place the front on axle stands. Do not place axle stands on the suspension or subframe. Remove the front wheels.

2. Once the car is jacked up you can remove the plastic under panel to allow you to place a jack under the middle of the subframe.

3. You can work on the bolts in any order you wise but I would recommend you work on one bolt and then work on the corresponding bolt on the other side. Repeating until all six bolts are done.

4. The following three bolts (per side) need to be removed, one at a time to fit the collar kit:

The two rear subframe bolts:

And the upper arch bolt:

5. The bolts may be quite stiff so use a breaker bar if you can as this will aid getting them off. Undo a bolt completely and remove it.

6. Insert the corresponding collar:

- Upper arch hole uses the 18mm collar
- Rear inner hole uses the 17.5mm collar
- Rear outer hole uses the 15.5mm collar

7. Reinsert the bolt and tighten to torque spec of 106N-m/ 78lb/fits

8. Repeat for the remaining 5 bolts using the correct collar and torque each bolt.

It's difficult to work out which is the 18 and 17.5mm collar. Trying both in the rear inner most bolt hole will tell you. Whichever one of the two that doesn't fit, is the one that goes in the upper arch hole.

9. Once all collars have been fitted and bolts tightened, remove jack from underneath subframe. Replace the plastic under panel. Replace the wheels and lower the car off the axle stands.

10. Your wheel alignment may be slightly out so it's worth getting it checked and adjusted if necessary.

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
Thanks for this shall put it into full use later after work :) was wondering which went in which so thanks :)

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
How long do these typically take to fit?
I’ve been quoted 2.5 hours labour which seems very excessive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,279 Posts
How long do these typically take to fit?
I’ve been quoted 2.5 hours labour which seems very excessive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tegs should take 45 minutes, hour tops.

Spoon about 2 hours as you have to drop the subframe slightly to squeeze them in. Tegs just go under the bolts.

Reactions: lufc_lad

·
K20 addict
983 Posts
Do these noticeably change/improve the handling?

highly doubt it. i've got a set of the MJC ones, but just to get rid of that irritating click!

Reactions: OOCH

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,279 Posts
Not really no. The Spoon version that go between the chassis and subframe however definitely made it feel more solid overall.

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
highly doubt it. i've got a set of the MJC ones, but just to get rid of that irritating click!
Same for me I bought a set from M2 Motorsport just to kill this noise!
But there is a problem because 4 of them are the same (18mm) and all the center bores are to small for the screws thread…
I'm afraid that when the parts are tightened, the collar gets stuck on the screw or damaged screw thread because these are made of steel.
Next time I done better to buy a Tegiwa kit! :mad:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts