2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stupidly clipped my wing mirror off. I have read the How To guides on replacing them but have a question if someone could help me with it? Despite coming to bits and hanging from the cable, the only thing wrong with my mirror is the metal swivel bracket. Glass, plastic and electrics are all intact and clipped back together, amazingly. Not sure how they survived but a chunk of metal didn't. Is it possible to just buy and replace this metal bracket or is a whole new unit needed?

Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm looking for the same answer, the only difference being that the neighbourhood idiot kicked mine off after a night on the shandies (after 12 months of dribs-and-drabs court payments, it's still stuck on with insulating tape!!). And I've seen your other post about the difference between models, so hopefully someone will have an answer here.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Sorry for the late reaction but there is a rather invisible solution for a fixated mirror without tape.
The problem is the cast iron bracket, you can't weld the swivel and there are no spare brackets for sale.
So there are 2 options: a new wing mirror or fixing it.

You have to dismantle the entire wing mirror unit for it.
I'd drilled 2 holes into the mounting plate and fixed 2 bolts onto the mounting plate and the cover. Then put everything back together, take a look at the pic where the bolts to be attached.
BTW unplug the SOD...

·
Registered
124 Posts
Off course you can't fold it, but with a broken swivel or duct-taping the mirror you can't either..
It not a simple solution, it takes some efford to fix it but it's rather a cheap and elegant solution.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts