2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Remove the 4 screws holding in the rear console. It becomes loose at the rear and needs a sharp pull up at the front to loosen it. Remove the wire from the cig lighter before you yank the whole thing up!

IMG_6363.jpg

IMG_6364.jpg

Unclip the silver surround from round the gearstick:

IMG_6366.jpg

Unclip the triangle where the drivers door meets the dash, and undo the single silver screw:

IMG_6401.jpg

Now unclip this bit of dash that goes all the way under the steering column:

IMG_6367.jpg

Now pop out the rivets that hold on the centre dash (by the drivers feet and the passengers feet) and pull it backwards to unclip it:

IMG_6376.jpg

Here's a shot of the underside of the radio (and the connects2 box that I use to connect my mp3 player (red arrow):

IMG_6387.jpg

And another view:

IMG_6383.jpg

When you put the rear console back on, make sure this clip hasn't popped off:

IMG_6402.jpg

·
Banned
1,712 Posts
Pottsy, your very adventurous.

Have you dismantled the whole car yet ?? :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
125 Posts
I'd like to fit an iPod adapter...but I don't know if I can bring myself to gut my car yet. Might have to wait a while til it's not so brand new. :?

·
Registered
40 Posts
This How to thing is a nice Idea

How long before the first Pottsy manual is published :?: :wink: Watch out Mr Haynes.

·
12th June 2006 1.8EX
1,119 Posts
Reactions: TYPE-R '07

·
Premium Member
3,005 Posts
Re: Dash removal & Ipod Looms

WoolyCiv said:
Spotted this and thought you might be interested :arrow:

http://www.collegehillshonda.com/instructions/8th_gen_civ_sedan/civic4drmusiclink.pdf

I know it is the USA Civic but the dash looks the same. :roll:

They also seem to have a Ipod control unit :!:

There is a list of how toos here :arrow:

http://www.collegehillshonda.com/instructions/8th_gen_civ_sedan/ :D
I have the official fitting instructions for the CD changer. I will scan them in and upload :)

·
Premium Member
3,005 Posts
Notice that on the BASS system, they get the fitter to set the GAIN to 9 o clock, which is very high.

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep, I have seen those instructions but the cars are a bit different (esp around the upper dash and the HU itself). Never dared order one of those, 'cos I assumed it wouldn't work with our different HU's. Interesting stuff though - and worth keeping an eye on to see if the add the Euro car to the compatibility list.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Pottsy

I was looking at the pictures and i was wondering if the small compartment below the sterio is removeable?

In the picture it looks like the base of the compartment hooks over 2 bits of plastic at the front.
Inside the compartment i noticed there is no top, this is so the door slides away without restricting the entrance to the compartment, if you can remember how it was held in at the top i think it might be possible to take this compartment out without taking off the whole of the dash!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Pottsy
Had a look at your how to and the dismantle job you did,BRAVE MAN I would have nightmares and wake up in a cold sweat if I did that maybe when the civ is a bit older not now tho'
Lennie

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
Lennie - it's dead easy really. And easiest when new!
Easiest when new? Because you're so intrigued that you can't wait?? Kind of like me but I'm too scared to do it not for a purpose; I have had the centre piece out and the door trims off now; the dash will probably be out next when we finally get an Ipod option! (One under £150) or when I get the courage to fit my fog lights (although I am considering not doing the loom/relay/stalk and just fit the lights!

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
From memory it just pulled off, but you may need to help it with a very large screwdriver.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts