2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
The ABS warning light is showing on my car and have been advises that the rear left wheel speed sensor has open circuit. I am assuming that the sensor is faulty as oppose to dirty etc. Can I get to it without removing the wheel to test it?
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2,773 Posts
you can disconect the conector without remooving wheel yes but you will still have to jack car up or use lift
too be honest id say its easier to remove wheel
ive recently had to change rear right easy enough job and i had to drill the old sensor out at that
why not just try buying this 1
NEW REAR LEFT ABS WHEEL SPEED SENSOR FOR HONDA CIVIC 2006-2012 57475-SMG-E01 -UK | eBay
for the price your half way there just testing so have 1 on hand to replace it with
if its like mine the light will go out by itself after replacing sensor
but code will remain hidden in ecu untill cleared with code reader but light wont show up and all will work as it should

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll give it a go. Thanks for the link. I don't have to mess with the break pads or anything do I? just remove the wheel and replace the sensor, if there is a risk of major screw up I might just pay to get it done :) labour costs shoudnt be too expensive I dont think, but do wanna give it a go mysely

·
Super Moderator
2,773 Posts
if you need to drill the sensor out (they do tend to stick in but only soft so easy job ) id recomend taking caliper and disc of as then you can drill from the wheel side and avoid the pick up ring the senosr picks up on
its all easy enough
really is a fairly simple job

1 - 4 of 4 Posts