2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

Does anyone have any ideas about guarding against catalytic converter theft ? Is it possible to add a tilt sensor to the OEM (FN2) alarm without messing everything up (i suppose as standard it just detects movement in the interior) ? Has anyone used any of the physical "cat lock" devices ? Obviously security of where its parked is another angle that needs considering but I was wondering what, if anything, could be done to the car.

Thanks for any help or advice.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
* tumbleweed *

Yeah, me neither. There is a limited amount you can do. A competely stand-alone tilt sensor alarm would be something. Or maybe one that integrates with the exisiting alarm, though personally I'd ideally leave all that unmolested. I am assuming the existing alarm doesn't do this, but haven't jacked-up the car to check definitively.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I thought the cat on the Mk8 was on the manifold in the engine bay and therefore not an easy cut and run job like the jazz?

·
Super Moderator
2,512 Posts
The 1.8 8G is off the manifold at the front of the engine directly behind the rad, the FN2 is under the car, as the exhaust is at the rear of the engine, and comes down under where the centre console sits.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts