2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just recieved my GPS speed camera detector for £29.99. It's an Inforad, www.inforadgps.co.uk

Although I have tomtom navigator with all the latest speed cameras on, I wanted something I could just LEAVE in the car, but wouldn't leave me open to getting it nicked.

Anyway, turns out you can mount this thing in the boot, and it will happily find a signal through the parcel shelf, and through the rear glass.

Use the supplied velcro to attach it underneath the boot, plugging into the lighter in the back. Since this isn't powered when turned off, no risk of a flat battery either!

Pictures to follow...

·
Banned
72 Posts
I have had a fuzion detector on my present car for over a year and it works fine however i do not want to put this on th civic dash so i am wondering if i could transfer this like BG to the underside of the parcel shelf but i would have to open it up and bring the speaker through to the front (as i like the voice telling me what type of cameras ahead) which i think would be simple!!(fatal words).

Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler.
Albert Einstein

·
Registered
172 Posts
cracking idea but more importantly, how easy is it to hear if you have infinity speakers and considering it is quite a distance away and there are no lights to see in case you fail to hear it beep (like when on a dash)???

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No way you'd hear it with the speaker set up I have... It does have LEDs so I considered mounting it on the back parcel shelf so I could see the LEDs through the rear window.

I'll see how I get on with it.

·
Registered
172 Posts
if you knew how to get into the cig lighter wiring in the centre consol I guess u could hard wire it in?

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry!

It was from PC World. They've discontinued them, and are £29.97.

·
Registered
172 Posts
use the link on Basegreens first post and then click on the inforad. once done then select where to buy and this shows you all the options

·
Registered
125 Posts
basegreen said:
It does have LEDs so I considered mounting it on the back parcel shelf so I could see the LEDs through the rear window.
If you have to keep looking at the parcel shelf for LEDs in the rear view mirror you'ld probably be safer keeping to the speed limit regardless of cameras.
Nadz said:
if you knew how to get into the cig lighter wiring in the centre consol I guess u could hard wire it in?
Why wire it into the cigarette lighter? If you put the detector up front it could get the power straight from the fuse box.

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Raegten said:
basegreen said:
It does have LEDs so I considered mounting it on the back parcel shelf so I could see the LEDs through the rear window.
If you have to keep looking at the parcel shelf for LEDs in the rear view mirror you'ld probably be safer keeping to the speed limit regardless of cameras.
Nadz said:
Why wire it into the cigarette lighter? If you put the detector up front it could get the power straight from the fuse box.
I don't speed, period. I wasn't seriously saying I'd keep looking out of the back window all the time ;)

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Good question!

Main reason I find it useful on TomTom navigator (as POIs) is as a reminder of the speed limit, and for knowing when people are likely to stamp on the brakes for no apparant reason.

Since I am a newish driver, if I get 6 points, I get banned. So speeding isn't an option. Just want to make doubly sure, and for £30, with the ability to record your trips, it's a nice to have.

·
Premium Member
645 Posts
Got the last one at PC world today! :D I've now downloaded the latest updates for it and placed it in the car ready to test it tomorrow. I'm thinking of velcro'ing it on the hard plastic bit beneath the parcel shelf and listening to whether it will be ok there.

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hartside said:
Got the last one at PC world today! :D I've now downloaded the latest updates for it and placed it in the car ready to test it tomorrow. I'm thinking of velcro'ing it on the hard plastic bit beneath the parcel shelf and listening to whether it will be ok there.
Haven't really had time to do any sort of proper test with it yet, but I am sure you'd hear it with the stereo off.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts