2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

41 - 60 of 82 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,280 Posts
Fitted mine just now. Ran into a few issues.... Thank god for a Dremel otherwise I'm sure I'd still be there filing lol

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Fitted mine just now. Ran into a few issues.... Thank god for a Dremel otherwise I'm sure I'd still be there filing lol
It's a bit more complex on the non-CTR cars as you have to deal with an additional surround - lucky you had a Dremel as I had to fight it with a jig saw :lol:

·
No Smoke no poke
3,589 Posts
Nice one fella feels totally different with it on don't it love mine loads keep changing gear for nothing lol
No dremmel hear used an attachment on me drill that's supposed to be for plaster board lol

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Great helpful guide it's easy to fit but make sure you have a dremel and sanding bits handy as mine needed a hell of a lot of plastic filing away so you will be there forever with a file, but shifter works a treat !!

Worth the effort but be aware getting all the clips back in place on the centre console is fun

·
Premium Member
1,211 Posts
A quick question on this - shortshiftersuk has two kits for the Civic, one for the EP3 and one for the FN2 / FD2. They look pretty much identical, which I'd expect, as I think the gearboxes are the same.

However one is more expensive than the other. Only by about £3, but I'm wondering why... is there actually a difference?

·
No Smoke no poke
3,589 Posts
Step 13 on the guide in post 1 buddy

On the derv there is just more to cut away as there is another piece of plastic onto of the one you see in the picture but the principle is the same cause you are lengthening the socket it means the connecting cable is closer to the bottom right hand side so clearance is require by filing or using a dremmel is best really as its much quicker fitted one in an hour using a dremmel.

Wardy

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
Does anybody have any pictures of what exactly needs filing down? Can't quite make it out and it's the only bit that's putting me off doing it myself. I'd also need to buy a dremmel, as my tool kit is.... lacking. The only file i have i'd have to borrow off the girlfriend!!
There are 2 versions of this post one here and another in the How to section, check the post in the how to section, there are allot of other inputs.

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/how/78160-how-install-japspeed-shortshifter.html

·
No Smoke no poke
3,589 Posts
Looked into the FN2 surround admittedly but although ive made the outside look like an FN2 inside its still pretty standard so ditched the idea, but valid point fella.

41 - 60 of 82 Posts