2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

61 - 80 of 82 Posts

·
No Smoke no poke
3,589 Posts
Mattay's done it on his FN3, says it's a doddle, and I do prefer the darker trim, tbh.
Yeh first time i saw it was on Gazbills's motor he had a skunk2 and leather gaiter combo with the FN2 surround on his FK3, again looks better than standard admittedly but i wasnt a fan, each to there own and all that jazz.

·
Stage 3 Hybrid
6,223 Posts
Yeh first time i saw it was on Gazbills's motor he had a skunk2 and leather gaiter combo with the FN2 surround on his FK3, again looks better than standard admittedly but i wasnt a fan, each to there own and all that jazz.

Couldn't agree more...;)

You checked your PMs Wardy ? :popcorn2:

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Having now driven my car for a few days this is a great mod, the shift is so short and tight it's amazing shifting is now so quick and I have a weighted gear knob which also helps, definitely worth it

·
No Smoke no poke
3,589 Posts
One of the cheapest mods and one of the most satisfying too as the effect is immediate, I kept changing up and down gear for no reason at first with a big grin on my face lol

·
Looking to buy a Type R
275 Posts
Fitted to my 1.8 type s but now it seems harder to go from 2nd to 3rd? Doesn't naturally guide into gear like it used to. Followed letter to a guide

·
Registered
14 Posts
Excellent 'how to' fitted to my 2.2 yesterday, alot of plastic needs taken off the blue ball like said. Had to file away the casing that only the diesels have, the filing takes the longest to do! Well worth it though

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
Just done this mod today and does the gear changes feel so damn good wit this in!

Shame I didnt have a dremmel... bloody plastic surround took me an hour by hand to file away!

·
Premium Member
885 Posts
Great guide on how to fit a short shift.

As a total newbie to this forum and Civics, Im really keen to fit one of these as they look simple enough, even for someone like me who is not mechanically minded.

My only question is at Step 8 when replacing the washers/rubber, do i replace the single washer removed with all 3 supplied in the kit? and are the inserted, one on top of the other facing upright as in pic 1?

Any help greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Just followed this guide and fitted the quick shift kit to my FN2 - the difference it makes is night and day, a much better gear changing experience! Thanks for a great tutorial.

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
Hav you fitted one of these grossey r they any good ? But for that sort of money you can't go wrong ' gotta hav ! :VTECSMILEY:.

61 - 80 of 82 Posts