2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Hey mate! great thread, very helpful. will be doing something similar soon as well!

Where can i buy some blanks for the remote switch? Dont really want to drill the ones that are in there in case it goes wrong!

Cheers!
Alex

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Where can i buy some blanks for the remote switch?
best bet to keep an eye on ebay allways a few civics on for spares and repairs, just email seller and ask for the blanks, or breakers yard or somthin.

i spent a good week or so scanning the internet and loads of catalogues to try and find a switch that would fit perfectly here. but no joy.

i just drilled my blank and if/when i sell it or want to use that switch for something else, ill just buy a new blank when it comes to it.

the other option which i was considering is buying the oem heated seat switch that goes in the slot, fit a relay to it as i believe its a momentary switch. but didnt want to fork out £15 just for the switch.

if you, or any one does find a good switch that fits in here, send me a link, repost or pm me with it. would be much appreciated.

glad this post has been helpful :D

Peace

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Was having problems with the amp loosing power, was really starting to bug me, so did a few things that realistically i should have done the first time arround.

Moved my fuse into the engine bay
tightened and thread locked (with conductive lock) all bolts for grounding
Got rid of the vibe fast plug and hard wired it in ( this was the source of the problem)
Got a 10" grill for the speaker to cover and protect.
general house keeping, tidying up some carpet edges and straightening bits n bobs out

needless to say, still well happy with the setup, sounds beef :D

next plan is to install some hidden 6x9 powered through the amp, and full door speaker and insulation upgrades.

Peace and BASS!

·
No Smoke no poke
3,589 Posts
im sure cox's sell em got a number in my mind of about £10 i think

I drilled my compartment where the ash tray goes so i didnt have to but hey your choice.

quick pic of my boot install too, not that im very proud of it lol

Attachments

·
No Smoke no poke
3,589 Posts
It's unfinished in all fairness it's material I had left over from doing an arm rest in a previous car, when I get round to it I will probably go back up where I had that from to see if they do the floor stuff there
Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

·
Premium Member
1,777 Posts
It's unfinished in all fairness it's material I had left over from doing an arm rest in a previous car, when I get round to it I will probably go back up where I had that from to see if they do the floor stuff there
Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
Ah okay, it does look quite different.

I ended up buying some cheap "dark grey" carpet off eBay.

The colour is a good match, but for some reason it has strands of light grey in the carpet which kind of ruins the similarity to the original. It's still not bad though, don't know how much you would have to spend to get an exact, or near enough match.

61 - 68 of 68 Posts