2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
sorry for the basic question, but been searching threads and can't find the instructions on how to pair (probably looking in the wrong places!)

all I can remember is to say "pair" as the voice command, but the car is refusing to acknowledge it? it recognises other commands, so the voice recognition is working.

can anyone point me in the right direction? :(

·
Supporter
3,159 Posts
Can you not pair manually by going into the phones Bluetooth functions

·
1.8EX Milano Red 2007
910 Posts
I normally have both the car and phone looking for devices at the same time. (Remember to unhide your phone) and my phone normally finds the car before the car finds the phone. Then telling the phone to pair seems to work. (This is on a 8th gen ex)

sent from fraggle rock.

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the phone can't find any bluetooth device, i thought you had to give a voice command to get the ball rolling?

·
JPP
1,555 Posts
I'm sure you have to press talk button say phone set up,press talk button after beep say 'pair ',will ask you for a code to link phone to hft press talk button after beep and say a four digit code .Hft will respond with code asking if it is correct,press talk button after beep and say 'yes' if correct.Hft will then search for your phone,i pressed search on my htc which found the pairing qiucker.When found enter the four digit code on your htc should get a response off hft saying new phone found would you like to name this phone,press talk button after beep and name phone.Hft response should be ****** phone successfully paired......hope this helps..:smile:

·
1.8EX Milano Red 2007
910 Posts
^what he said

sent from fraggle rock.

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm not getting any recognition when pressing the talk button (on top of the steering wheel on the left hand side)

The one underneath the steering wheel works/beeps, but that doesn't work for the phone as "phone set up" comes out as "fan speed up" :D

So the button on top of the steering wheel isn't working?

The info/sel buttons on the right hand side are working, just not the top talk one? :confused:

·
1.8EX Milano Red 2007
910 Posts
Not sure if it has a specific fuse but check fuses. If not could be loose wire or simply a faulty button. Sounds like further Investigating is needed........ best of luck

sent from fraggle rock.

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
I downloaded an app called Bluetooth auto connect, and now whenever i turn the app on my galaxy S3 it pairs within 5 seconds, sorted!

·
My VTEC doesn't VTEC
1,110 Posts
I'm not getting any recognition when pressing the talk button (on top of the steering wheel on the left hand side)

The one underneath the steering wheel works/beeps, but that doesn't work for the phone as "phone set up" comes out as "fan speed up" :D

So the button on top of the steering wheel isn't working?

The info/sel buttons on the right hand side are working, just not the top talk one? :confused:
Are you just pressing it and letting go or holding it? I have to hold mine down for about a second before its ready

1 - 12 of 12 Posts