2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've cleaned and greased the sub frame as per the honda datasheet and it removed teh clicking noise for around 2000 miles but its started to come back. How can I remove it for good? I've fitted the spoon collars kit which have made no difference.

·
#darkside
2,238 Posts
Clean usin brake cleaner. Lots of copper slip. tighten it all up and squeeze excess out.

Click be gone :)

·
Premium Member
1,643 Posts
Nope - I had a subframe click so fitted the collar kit last weekend and its still there.
did you use the Tegiwa or spoon kit though? Spoon will permanently eliminate.

I have the Tegiwa and it reduced the amount it click but didn't eliminate it - well it did for a biy

·
Premium Member
1,643 Posts
Nope - I had a subframe click so fitted the collar kit last weekend and its still there.
did you use the Tegiwa or spoon kit though? Spoon will permanently eliminate.

I have the Tegiwa and it reduced the amount it click but didn't eliminate it - well it did for a bit

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Spoon kit, I'll give it a good going over on the weekend.

Just been out for a drive and the click is definitely still there although it's quieter than it was.

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
I have the spoon kit fitted and the click has still returned. On the next time around ill be replacing the bolts as i didn't do this last time.

·
Premium Member
1,643 Posts
That's disappointing Most people I spoke to who had the spoon kit said it eliminated the click if they previously had it.

Seem the only way to keep it away is loosen and retorque the bolts every now and then

·
Premium Member
859 Posts
Just had subframe cleaned readjusted and greased click has now gone , £47 at Brindley Honda excellent customer service took them 35 mins and car now feels tight and no more clicking

·
Premium Member
1,696 Posts
Just to add my 2pence worth, I've got spoon rigid collars and it does not fix the click.

For me the click originates here.. The plates that hold the ARB bushes in places.

Had these plates removed recently to grease the squeaky ARB bushes and it's cured the click .....for now.

·
Premium Member
2,786 Posts
Just to add my 2pence worth, I've got spoon rigid collars and it does not fix the click.

For me the click originates here.. The plates that hold the ARB bushes in places.

Had these plates removed recently to grease the squeaky ARB bushes and it's cured the click .....for now.
As far as I'm aware the honda bulletin lists the above bolts to be greased up, not the bolts that the rigid collars sit in so I cant understand why the spoon or tegiwa collars would solve the subframe click problem.

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
I just tightened the bolts showing above and it fixed mine. Only got a quarter turn on them at most but 5000 miles later and still good. Just luck I suppose.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts