2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to program a new airbag module to the car.
I have an HIM and HDS but can't find any option on it.
Is it just a case of taking it to the dealers then ?:(

·
Registered
17 Posts
hot sure if this will help you as i can not get mone to work
but if you double click on the cm ubdate euc rewrite icon (red) you can open the ecu rewrite software

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Not quite what you asked but there are srsreset websites that can either repair your damaged srs ecu or copy the coding(data) off it onto another srs ecu so in effect cloning it onto a good module.

Avoids you needing to code it to the car.

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
got a price from henry performance for £580 for a new module.
Think I'm going to have to take the hit , can't find anywhere one with my serial number.
Tried loads of srs reset websites and they all say they can only access certain parts of the srs module and can't change a new one to pair it to the car

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
I could be mistaken on what the guy meant or said. srsreset.co.uk told me if an internal fault appeared after my original unit was reset he could copy my current information onto a replacement module to avoid the coding issue.

think i have one of these spare 77960-SMG-E014-M1

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sure I've sent a few emails to that guy
mine is 77960-SMR-F110-M1
got 2 other ones with different serial numbers that i tried , thinking i could get it to work :(
been trying to get this sorted since september !

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
I guess this is an internal fault and not needing crash data removed.

Managed to get my original unit reset but waited a week for a diagnostic tool from china only to find a sensor wasn't fully plugged in.

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yes its showing internal fault, thought i could code a new module to the car using an HDS but had no luck.

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i know if i go for it and pay 600 for one from honda , a used one with my model no will appear on ebay for £50:rolleyes:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts