2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone

I have bought an honda civic 1.6 recently and with it, the roof racks. I faced a problem the day i tried to put the roof racks because i didn't know that i was needed to cut the roof mouldings. I solved that problem but i found another when trying to cover the gaps with the caps, because they don't match. Reading the manual of installation, i found that the caps are different ¡¡¡
In the following link there is an image of these caps (not mine) Genuine Honda Civic Roof Rack Blanking Inserts-Set Of 4 [08L02SMGBLANK] - £13.33 : Cox Motor Parts Direct - Genuine Honda Brakes Clutches & Accessories.

My caps don't have that clothespin-like, the have like a hole to put inside the screws from the gaps, but the caps don't stay fixed.

Does anybody have this model of caps and could help me?

So many thanks.

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
Those caps you posted are for the old 8G model and I assume you have a 9G if it's a 1.6?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, my model is the civic 2013.
The thing is that watching the picture of the ulr that i wrote, i can be sure that that model of the caps are going to match because that clothespins would fix with the screws, but my model of caps don't have them, instead they have like a hole but they don't hold the screws and then, the caps are loose.
That's the point and my question, if anyone knows who to put my model of caps because there must be a way i think

Thanks

·
Administrator
MY22 Jazz EX Hybrid
21,947 Posts
Looks to me like they don't do blanking caps for the 9G. That would normally mean they are in with the roofbar kit, or are you meant to leave them permanently fitted?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The roof bar kit came with the bars and the blanking caps, and they should be for the 9G. I followed the instructions but in the manual, the caps are different than mines. In the url i posted, the blanking caps shown are the ones in the manual, but not the ones from my kit.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Problem solved. I went to Honda and they asked for the pieces and gave me the correct ones. It was a packing problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts