2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want my Civic to be in HOME screen page, every time I start the engine. I've tried everything like trying the "Remember last screen Yes/No". No difference in either selection, even if I set the screen in HOME, before shutting engine off. Tried like pressing HOME button for several seconds and so on.
Is it anyone out there, that has figured out the principle for the screen memory.
I've also even been looking at internet, no one has a good answer.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For the last weeks, it is automatically going to "Trip menu, showing current drive".
But it has earlier ended in other menus like the radio, so it must be some for me unknown way to change.

·
Super Moderator
3,366 Posts
That's where mine goes, but I run it like that most of the time.
There is something in the H/B about it, but I expect you have already tied the old RTFM mantra?

·
Registered
854 Posts
It will always start up showing what ever was the last screen it was on the previous drive cycle, but that does not include the Home screen. If you were using navigation during your journey and change back the home screen before the end of your journey it will start back up in navigation.
Apply Hondahack if you want it to start on the home screen every ignition cycle.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Unfortunately RTFM is not offering any advices. It must be a solution, without using Hondahack.

·
Premium Member
1,740 Posts
sometimes on my 2015 model it will start up on radio screen sometimes it starts on current drive
regardless of what I had displayed when last using it

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Scaramanga wrote: sometimes on my 2015 model it will start up on radio screen sometimes it starts on current drive regardless of what I had displayed when last using it. I have the same feeling.
This is a computer with a system, it is not a gambling machine equipped with a random generator. We need to figure out the actual action affecting to the next start up screen. Hopefully someone at Honda is reading this and asking the programmers.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi again. I've been in contact with Honda Sweden concerning my question. After almost one week I got a reply from the customer relationship department in Sweden. They have received the same question before concerning a CR-V. At that time they did not find any solution, so they have not found a solution this time either!!!!!!! They apologize that they cannot help me.
Last time they had recommended the customer to wait in the ignition step for a while before the actual start of the engine. Worth a try.
I can tell you, it doesn't help.
I find Honda's reply remarkable. I wrote back that I have been working for a huge international company. Tricky questions from customers and technicians were solved by contacting a Global Technical Service (GTS) department with straight internal connections to all designing engineers. A huge company like Honda must have a similar function, or?...The technical questions to GTS was actually a very good and useful feedback for improvements. The engineers had to face real facts. How does the Honda engineers get the real customer feedback.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Then what does the "remember last screen" option under system settings do? I have it set to on, so it goes to the last screen I left it on when I turned it off. I would assume turning that off would take you to the home screen? Hmm just tried it, apparently it doesn't.

·
Registered
854 Posts
That “remember last screen” setting is to return back into a system where you were. Eg if you were in audio/iPod and picking an artist it would return to that point if after pressing home or some thing else you then went back to audio, it would still be in picking artist.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts