2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any instructions on how to remove the battery?

Will this have any effects on the car such as immobiliser etc?:confused:

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
Remove - cable, then + cable, then the bracket that holds the battery in place.

Once you reconnect the battery the car should work as normal, it will be "reset" though. I am sure someone can give you the details of what that means, should not be a big deal at all.

·
TYPE R GT (R-15016)
2,224 Posts
I believe you should re connect either the live or negative cable first in case one touches something and causes a short. You need to check

·
Registered
55 Posts
I believe you should re connect either the live or negative cable first in case one touches something and causes a short. You need to check
Always disconnect the negative cable first and then reconnect last when refitting. That way you cant short the positive terminal to chassis ground.
If you do any electrical work unhook the negative to make it safe :)

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys! So will this disable the immobiliser as I read on another thread that jump starting the car disables it?

·
TYPE R GT (R-15016)
2,224 Posts
It took an RAC man to tell us , well done and thanks

·
Registered
55 Posts
Thanks guys! So will this disable the immobiliser as I read on another thread that jump starting the car disables it?
I`ve jump started Civics with totally flat batteries and never had an issue.
Any particular reason you need the battery off the car?

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I`ve jump started Civics with totally flat batteries and never had an issue.
Any particular reason you need the battery off the car?
Don't laugh! But whilst changing the headlight on the passenger side the retainer clip for the H1 bulb completely fell off! I managed to retrieve it but the clip above that to complete the circuit also fell off!!!:mad:

I thought about taking it to the dealers and paying stupid money for them to fix such a simple task.

The battery is in the way, so if I get it out I'll have plenty of room to manouevre. Just wary of taking it out and messing something up!..Any suggestions?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Don't laugh! But whilst changing the headlight on the passenger side the retainer clip for the H1 bulb completely fell off! I managed to retrieve it but the clip above that to complete the circuit also fell off!!!:mad:

I thought about taking it to the dealers and paying stupid money for them to fix such a simple task.

The battery is in the way, so if I get it out I'll have plenty of room to manouevre. Just wary of taking it out and messing something up!..Any suggestions?
I never laugh at people mistakes when it comes to mechanics, I`ve made a few myself over the years. Go for it you`ve got a handbook and AA cover ;)

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I never laugh at people mistakes when it comes to mechanics, I`ve made a few myself over the years. Go for it you`ve got a handbook and AA cover ;)
Hey RACMAN. Job done and dusted! No problems taking the battery out and putting it back in! Retainer clip successfully re-installed and H1 bulb secure in place.

Cheers for the heads up!;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts