2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
there is a little dend on my rear left door. I want to solve this problem. I asked my dealer they say you can make nothing. you have to make it paint it. but I thing if I can remove door trim. I can solve hiting to dend from inside. how can I remove door trim?

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
You probably don't want to do that! :shock:

Unless the dent is on a 'crease' (ie one that the manufacturer put in), your best best is probably to try a a 'dent puller', which is basically a suction pad.

Unfortunately these work best on larger dents, not those caused by other car doors :(

But trying to hit it out from the inside stands a good chance of making it worse I'm afraid - been there, done that :cry:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TTDegs said:
You probably don't want to do that! :shock:

Unless the dent is on a 'crease' (ie one that the manufacturer put in), your best best is probably to try a a 'dent puller', which is basically a suction pad.

Unfortunately these work best on larger dents, not those caused by other car doors :(

But trying to hit it out from the inside stands a good chance of making it worse I'm afraid - been there, done that :cry:
please, do you ofer to me a 'dent puller' ?

·
Registered
273 Posts
I have to agree with TTdegs on not removing the door trim and hitting it from the inside. I had a dent ( apparently casued by someone's big gorrilla hands leaning hard on it/ ikea's trolley ) right under the window on passenger's side. I was told by my honda dealer that i have to take into account the mechanical bits that is there on the door.

·
Banned
1,712 Posts
mrcanadian said:
there is a little dend on my rear left door. I want to solve this problem. I asked my dealer they say you can make nothing. you have to make it paint it. but I thing if I can remove door trim. I can solve hiting to dend from inside. how can I remove door trim?
On a previous car, someone put a dent in the car door, size of a ten pence piece ,and I 'phoned Dentmaster. They came and repaired it on the drive, and you couldn't see a mark. Brilliant job. Cost about £40.

I think you'd be better getting it repaired professionally.

·
Registered
975 Posts
i have a tiny thumb size dent and i hate anything being wrong, but i dunno if it is fixable on the door?

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
elfa7 said:
mrcanadian said:
On a previous car, someone put a dent in the car door, size of a ten pence piece ,and I 'phoned Dentmaster. They came and repaired it on the drive, and you couldn't see a mark. Brilliant job. Cost about £40.

that would indeed be a better idea - I didn't realise they were as cheap as that - in fact, I'd completly forgotten about them :oops:

·
Registered
144 Posts
elfa7 said:
mrcanadian said:

As Elfa7 has said, get one of the paint less dent removal guys in , as they can do an excellent job in under a hour.

·
Banned
1,712 Posts
If the metal is creased, then you'll have to go to a body shop. Far better than a bodged diy. The car is too valuable for that.

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
ouch :(

dents on the crease line (like yous unfortunately) are the hardest to get out :(

Definately a job for a professional I'm afraid :(

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
My girlfriends car had a nasty dent on the wheel arch/wing. The dent was actually caused by a kids head :shock:

I feel I may have to expand on this now! It was my sister's car. She was driving down a residential street when a kid ran out from between cars and left his head print on the wing. He was lucky, as the wing deforming must have taken all the energy. He got up and ran off. He was OK, but my sister was badly shaken. It turned out the kid was one of her friend's children.

Oh, get back to the point! We bought the car off her (with dent) and when I picked it up, I used my sucker from my GPS to pull the dent. It came out perfectly first time, and you cannot see where it was now. She was really annoyed, as she had driven around for 2 years with the reminder of that.

With smaller dents (smaller than a head) it is impossible to do this. We had a 'dent doctor' come over once to remove a crease from a car. It took about 1 1/2 hors, and was unbelievable. It wasn't too cheap, though.

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Sorry to go off-topic slightly... Bungle, it's worth going immediately to the nearest police station and making a statement, I had a kid run out into the side of my very first car when I was 17, even though this was well before all the ridiculous lawsuits you get nowadays my parents suggested I do this in case anything happens to the child afterwards or the parents decide to sue etc....!!!

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Police did get invlolved, i believe at the scene. Nothing happened of it. She was doing well under speed limit, about 15mph, and the kid just ran out without looking. The kid had 'problems' befor that, so the parents and police were happy my sister was not at any fault what so ever. They were lucky, it could have been a lot worse.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts