2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I'm getting the "888" problem every time I drive the car now and it's really getting on my nerves. How exactly do you remove the speedometer unit?

I have taken the cover off and un-clipped the 3 tabs but the damn thing isn't budging when pulling on it?

Really don't want to take it to Honda :(

Cheers

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
The speedo head is only held in by clips but they are very tight. If you have some plastic trim tools or a screw driver (with the head wrapped in tape so you dont mark the dash) apply gentle pressure to the right hand side of the unit while jiggling that should release the clip on that side eventually. Repeat on the other side but be very careful not to mark or break the radio display as it will do very easily. Patience and perseverance with these I'm afraid!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I realise this is an old post, but I just wondered if you were able to solve it with a second hand unit? I've got exactly the same issue just now. Thanks.

·
Honda Man Steve
663 Posts
I've replaced the entire dash in my car and the speedo was simply a plug n play unit. You have to remove the top part of the dash above the speedo the that gives access to the clips, think it's just clipped in with a plug on the back.

You might be better removing the clock to to gain access as it's a bit tight to get out.

If your unit is faulty than replacing it will resolve the issue. I replaced mine with type r clocks and dials and have had no issues

Hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi I know this threads a bit old now but was there a video you used to show how to remove everything to get to the display. Mines 888 at certain speeds. I've looked for videos but they all seem to be older models.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts