2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi there,

This thread should give you a better idea of remeoving the front bumper for access or even changing the splitter as there isnt much more to it.

TOOLS:
2X flat head screwdrivers
Phillips screwdriver
10mm spanner/socket (personal prefence ;) )

First of all start by taking the front arches off by just pulling prising them off being carful around the clips holding them on.

Then remove the phillips screw, one either side !!

Tire Automotive tire Alloy wheel Red Wheel

Now move under the bumper and just work your way from the outside-in removing first the two plastic clips then two phillips screws, a plastic clip, 10mm bolt and then a final plastic clip moving to the center.

Car Vehicle

Vehicle door Automotive exterior Rust Bumper Auto part

This takes you to the center of the bumper now its just the same the othere side, so once all these fasteners are out............... Pull the bumper away from the car starting at the corners where you removed the first screw with some force and work your way around until it comes off.

REMEMBER TO DISCONECT THE FOG LIGHTS IF FITTED !!

It really is that simple !! Hope this helps but ANY QUESTIONS JUST ASK !!!

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Brilliant as I'm going to have to change mine soon due to someone driving into it in a car park... couldn't have timed this guide better!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea I know, I looked around and couldn't find anything even tho it's quite simple and a common thing for us all, so I bit the bullet and just started ripping things off and reported back the best way ;)

but only takes about 30/45 mins to remove and replace again

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks for this. recently watched Atomic take my bumper off to fit DRL,s for me but great to have clear instructions for when i have to have a go!!!!!
it's easy enough mate, simple for any skill levels :D

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
does this give easy access to fog lights and the a/c condenser ?
where does the condenser sit ?? just behind the radiator by any chance ?? I'm one of the few people with the non- GT model haha, but removing the bumper does give alot access to the front end of the engine bay !

·
Premium Member
929 Posts
Good work I'll need this for my cold air intake & to remove the inner air box

·
Urban Parkour Monkey
439 Posts
Nice "how to" mate !
Is there any way I can take off the splitter ( the gray bit from the 1.8 5d ), without removing the whole bumper ?
I installed a GP kit front and rear at the weekend and I can confirm that the answer is no mate :(

The front is really easy but the back was a pain in the butt. Just have a friend help you take it off and lower it to a blanket on the floor ;)

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
Great guide - really easy to take off

However having probs getting the top of the bumper clipped in under the lights - any ideas? :confused:

K
:evil2:
Did you suss out how to get the bumper clipped under the lights? I just brought a car yesterday which the person prior to me had the same trouble im guessing as theres a gap between the lights and bumper and can see the clips. Might av a go at refitting the bumper if its not to difficult

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.