2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi there,

This is a simple [how to] on removing the front grill on a Type R and other models.

TOOLS:
2X flat head screwdrivers
10mm spanner/socket

First of all you have to remove the front bumper:
http://www.civinfo.com/forum/how/69992-how-remove-front-bumper.html

remove the cover at the front of the engine bay by using the flathead screwdrivers and removing the 8 plastic clips on the top

Auto part Engine Vehicle Car Technology

This then shows the top of the grill housing. now you can remove the 2 10mm bolts on the top.

Auto part Vehicle Automotive exterior Bumper Car

Then again using the flatheaded screwdriver, push up and unclip the 4 plastic clips holding the grill in place

Automotive exterior Bumper Vehicle Hood Car

Just pull towards yourself and it comes right off :D

ANY QUESTIONS JUST ASK !!!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do believe so !! all the grills are interchangeable, but there are other threads with more details on it !!

·
Premium Member
4,711 Posts
You don't have to remove the front bumper ? Just undo arches as you would as of you are going to remove the bumper? Then remove the screw at the top of the bumper behind the arch on both sides leave the underneath ? Unclip from near the wing & headlights & Pull the top of the bumper towards you as if you are removing it it will come away & you can get to the bottom clips ;) pull out grille as previously explained & replace with the grille you want ;) I did it this way to put my mugen grille on it is a lot easier ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk ;)

·
Muscles From Brussels
4,073 Posts
You don't have to remove the front bumper ? Just undo arches as you would as of you are going to remove the bumper? Then remove the screw at the top of the bumper behind the arch on both sides leave the underneath ? Unclip from near the wing & headlights & Pull the top of the bumper towards you as if you are removing it it will come away & you can get to the bottom clips ;) pull out grille as previously explained & replace with the grille you want ;) I did it this way to put my mugen grille on it is a lot easier ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk ;)

Cheers guys lets hope all goes smooth ;)

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
should be a doddle mate. a monkey could do it ;)

just don't get back to me saying that you couldn't haha

·
Muscles From Brussels
4,073 Posts
I still managed to snap abit of the old grill couldnt figure out bottom two clips were clipped from the bottom durrrrrr!!!!!!!

But all in all took me 20 minutes max as i knew how to take the front bumper off ;)

Cheers for the how to really helped mate!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
your welcome mate, began helped aswell lol ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.