2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched the forum but couldn't find an answer, but apologies if I missed it.

I have bought a misfuel device from here and wnt to remove the standard fuel cap from the car, but of course its secured to the fuel flap, and ideas on how to remove it without damaging my car?

Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know but with a petrol and a diesel in the family I can just see one of making the dreaded mistake!

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
Looks like you just remove the existing filler cap (the bit that screws in) and replace it with the "pink thing" (which also screws in) - the external flap 'stays as-is' ...

2 minute job ...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fitting it is fine, its just removing the current fuel cap as its attached to the car by a piece of tubing to avoid you losing it.

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
Fitting it is fine, its just removing the current fuel cap as its attached to the car by a piece of tubing to avoid you losing it.
Tubing ? - isn't it just a plastic strip ? - either way, just cut it off ! ...

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
How about just cutting it as close to the fixing point as possible.
Fix the screw in anti wrong fuel gismo and worry about removing the rest of the tag later.;)

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
I have never seen or wanted to see the end of the tag which holds the cap to the body panel ukdhey1, but I would think that it has a sharp cone end to it, which push fits at Swindon, but is very hard to remove in the other direction.Cut it off, as mentioned, and the rest will fall into the body panel. ?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts