2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, silly question, got the Mitsuba relay from Honda to replace the Omron that has been listed here as the source of many issues re moisture ingress shorting it out.

My question is simply my Omron relay won't come out of the fuse box easily, do I need a tool to remove it or do I just yank it out, I fear the moisture has stuck it fast to the base.

Any ideas thanks in anticipation.:facepalm:

·
Premium Member
929 Posts
Just pull the bugger out LoL

(nosey pilers my be required)

Reactions: redrings

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks to all, the relay pulled out, put in the new replacement and have aircon functioning again.

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Silly question

Hi All,

I know this is an old thread, but hopefully you can help me with my silly question - do i need to disconnect the battery before replacing the relay? I've seen contradicting advice, so if any of you replaced your Omron without disconnecting the battery and lived to tell the tale, please let me know :grin2:

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
Hi All,

I know this is an old thread, but hopefully you can help me with my silly question - do i need to disconnect the battery before replacing the relay? I've seen contradicting advice, so if any of you replaced your Omron without disconnecting the battery and lived to tell the tale, please let me know :grin2:
you don't have to disconnect the battery just pull the old relay out with a pair of pliers if necessary and replace with new one

job done :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts