2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

101 - 120 of 157 Posts

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
If you had one bush off at a time you wouldn't expect the bar to move if the other bush is still in place or can you expect a bit of movement still??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
764 Posts
If the wheels are unsupported then it wouldn't be much of an issue having one off at a time, I don't think

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
Okay this is the driver side bush..I'm going to take out and replace with the old one to see what happens but I can't see anything wrong with this

·
Premium Member
764 Posts
Okay this is the driver side bush..I'm going to take out and replace with the old one to see what happens but I can't see anything wrong with this

That looks fine to me, or at least the same as mine

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
After about three hours of torment we have eliminated each potential issue...reverted back to the original bushes, put the old drop links back on.then switched the new ones back...still a thud noise..anyway took the car back to the garage and they're going to look at the shock absorber next week..the noise is on that side where is was fitted..so part of me might be a bit lazy an rather than fit the bushes I might just sell them..

·
Premium Member
764 Posts
After about three hours of torment we have eliminated each potential issue...reverted back to the original bushes, put the old drop links back on.then switched the new ones back...still a thud noise..anyway took the car back to the garage and they're going to look at the shock absorber next week..the noise is on that side where is was fitted..so part of me might be a bit lazy an rather than fit the bushes I might just sell them..

So long as your old bushes aren't worn or perished then there is little to no benefit from the polybush here other than their longevity.

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
Finally fixed the problem..the rubber bump stop that fits around the shock at the top had a lot clearance and was moving slightly..it was bone dry always so literally injected a load of grease into the gap..problem solved!! Shame I had to take off the bushes

·
Premium Member
825 Posts
Just to confirm as a definitive answer, will the Polybushes for the front ARB (namely 41AD) fit the FK3? I can see that the CTS and CTR seem to have the same ARB Bushes, but I think I might need some for mine which is the 5 door 2.2.
I was under the impression that the CTS/CTR use a larger diameter ARB (24mm) and the FK's use a smaller one, 22mm?

Further to this, does anyone know if the rear beam bushes will fit the FK3 too? I'm pretty certain that my creaky rear is due to my rear bushes.

·
Premium Member
825 Posts

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
Thanks Farqui. Does indeed seem that only the FN2 /FN3 use a 24mm ARB, all other use the 22mm.
That answers it for me. Saw some Polybush 41AD on eBay but pretty sure they wont fit correctly. I have seen others marked up as 22mm for the FK's, so will go with them when I change the drop links.
Can you share the link / where you get the front poly ARB's for the FK3 as and when you get round to it? I've not found any that say specifically for the 2.2, only the same FN2/FK3 as on the polybush site

·
Premium Member
821 Posts

·
Premium Member
825 Posts
Can you share the link / where you get the front poly ARB's for the FK3 as and when you get round to it? I've not found any that say specifically for the 2.2, only the same FN2/FK3 as on the polybush site
I fully believe that polybush do not make them for the FK3, only the FN2/3.

I may just go OEM for these at £13 - they will last another 50k/5years so what the heck.

What I need to find is a good set for the rear arm, things squeak like mad at the moment ( I think its them)

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
[smilie=coolup.gif] They're well cheap! £25 inc P+P!

Be getting some of those when I change the droplinks! What hardness did you go for? The standard red 75 shore?
I went for 90sha with the other bushes they do… (I didn't get the ARB bushes from them.) But the hardness doesn't really make much of a difference on the ARB bushes.

Realistically, I'd go with 75/85sha if I did it all the bushes again 90 is a bit too hard… <.< but then I do like how solid my car feels… ^_^

101 - 120 of 157 Posts