2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

141 - 157 of 157 Posts

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
I did mine this week along with drop links, car feels so differnt as said "more tight". Some tips: spray drop links and bushes with wd40 a few days before, warm the new bushes in hot water. Cheers for the guide.

·
Administrator
18,083 Posts
Hey guys new to the site, are there any pictures or videos on how to do this?
Many of the pic's have fallen fowl of the Photobucket changes.

But if you take the time to scroll through this thread then you'll find; http://www.civinfo.com/forum/how-guides-only/77040-how-replace-front-anti-roll-bar-bushes-4.html#post2823690, etc ;)

Remember to do both sides at the same time, with the front of the car jacked up. Jacking one side of the vehicle at a time will cause you bother.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
I am getting a clunking noise from my drivers side suspension when the front of the car goes light going over a crest and the suspension is near fully extended.

I had a look around the drivers corner and everything appears tight. Has anyone who replaced this ARB bush had this symptom? Car is 6 years old, 30k on clock

·
Registered
3 Posts
I did mine today. Bushing makes noises during the drive and over bumps, pretty metallic sound, I was confused and surprised the knocking noises were coming from the bushing, but after replacement, noise is gone.
I lift up both sites, wheels off and just take off three bolts under the bushing. Replaced old bushings and got everything back. Manual says 60Nm for this bolts(three bolts on every site).
Pic of the old and new bushing. I went with japanparts brand, 6€ per piece. I don't know if they are good or not :grin2:

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
I did mine today. Bushing makes noises during the drive and over bumps, pretty metallic sound, I was confused and surprised the knocking noises were coming from the bushing, but after replacement, noise is gone.
I lift up both sites, wheels off and just take off three bolts under the bushing. Replaced old bushings and got everything back. Manual says 60Nm for this bolts(three bolts on every site).
Pic of the old and new bushing. I went with japanparts brand, 6€ per piece. I don't know if they are good or not /forum/images/Civinfo_2016/smilies/tango_face_grin.png
Great, thanks for the post detailing your work and how to. Haven’t got around to changing mine yet as the noise hasn’t got any worse but good to know this has cured your problem.

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
I followed the how to on here (Thank you) I jacked the car and put on jack stands, mobile tyre fitter was coming anyway so no excuse as I have had the bushes nearly a month scared to fit them I guess, I took off the lower nut on the drop links on both sides which were surprisingly easy, I then took out the clamping plate and pulled off the old bush, I reached out for the new one and it dropped in, ooh I said that was bloody easy, then after clamping back up and checking I soon discovered that I had ( dont laugh) put the old one back on , so repeated the procedure, howver the new one was as tight as a ducks behind and used plenty of red rubber grease, which helped having both drop links off made life very easy and they went on on both sides like a dream, clunking now 95% gone but a bit of clunk on off side front, that could be the drop link which is being replaced on both sides tomorrow, if it still thumps a little after that then I am head scratching as to what else, already replaced rear dampers. great how to and mine was simililar in size comparing the old and new, quite a difference and as I said has cured 95% of the clunking over pot holes and speed bumps

·
Super Moderator
2,257 Posts
not on civic as when I changed them on civic all was good
but my old accord when changing anti roll bar bushes I had to leave all slightly slack and drop to ground before nipping bolts up
if not the anti roll bar itself knocked against subframe
you needed to tighten up with weight on to get all in place

·
i-Vtec
2,786 Posts
Very easy job to do. Mine required a 15mm socket and the 1.8 has 23mm Bushes.

Please note they are sided. Part number for a pair is 06510-SMJ-305

One thing to note is there are 2 different lengths of bolts. A long one that goes nearest the front of the car and the 2 shorter ones towards the back.

·
Ex-Pat Geordie!
2,314 Posts
I'm pretty sure from when I had the 8G 2.2 the three bolts holding that plate, two are the same length and on is longer / shorter? so careful you put them back where they came from.

Reactions: Das

·
Ex-Pat Geordie!
2,314 Posts
Very easy job to do. Mine required a 15mm socket and the 1.8 has 23mm Bushes.

Please note they are sided. Part number for a pair is 06510-SMJ-305

One thing to note is there are 2 different lengths of bolts. A long one that goes nearest the front of the car and the 2 shorter ones towards the back.
You beat me to that one about the bolts being a different length Das :ROFLMAO:

·
Ex-Pat Geordie!
2,314 Posts
I only noticed the different length when I nearly took the head off trying to get the longer bolt into the shorter hole 😬

·
i-Vtec
2,786 Posts
Yup did exactly the same. Had to go back and double check the otherside, but that was ok.

141 - 157 of 157 Posts