2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
101 - 117 of 117 Posts

·
Premium Member
514 Posts
Thanks for this mate, dropped a bulb in one of the holes and needed to get the grill out.

1. that boot lid is a mare to get off nightmate!, didnt snap it tho!
2. stupid me didnt take out the lights and snapped one of the plasic tabs on the left butt luckly still sit good!

cheers bud

·
Gluepot
13 Posts
Mega thanks for the guide.
Managed to get changed over nicely

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
when people do this mod why not do as i do working on tricky stuff and put a magnet on the spanner the nut wont drop of then...:wink3:

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
If i do this mod, i do like face lift one. On pre face lift model has 4 dabble filament brake bulbs 5w and 21w for brake, and on face lift ones is only 2 so you just can take and cut of brake filament wires, which is for 21 watt part of brake filament, and for one side you can feed from fog light positive cable to that brake side of the filament. And you will end up like face lift, then you on fog light you will activate 21 watt part of bulb.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thanks for this guide. I cracked my rear cluster, followed this and managed to swap it out with one from ebay.

I was able to get the plastic cover off without too much drama. I just wedged and pulled in line with the white clips in the picture

I'm rubbish with cars but thanks to this guide managed to get the job done.

Thanks again for the detailed information and pictures it was a massive help.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Very helpful guide, took a while to pull out the plastic boot trim.
After fitting everything, I ending up using the driver side reverse light as my fog light.
However im not sure what bulb i should get that fits onto the reverse light module, as the original light bulb is white. Browsing through halfords website, i don't have clue which bulb i should get as a replacement.
If someone can please link me the right bulb, that would be great :D

Reactions: Farqui

·
Administrator
MY22 Jazz EX Hybrid
21,968 Posts
I hope it's correct because we can't update the Wiki any more. :)

·
Registered
313 Posts
Hate to revive this but I'm trying to remove the two wires black and yellow from the white tab thing, I removed the top with a screwdriver but you say you push the two metal thingies down and pull out the wire but it isn't budging and there isn't any tension when I press the the metal wire (middle part) help!

·
Registered
313 Posts
Hacksaw or cut the wires
haha I didnt read the post properly you push the middle white bit to unlock it. I managed to do the reverse fog light mod :) just so I pass MOT in December, I fancy driving around with one red reverse light actually it looks pretty cool. You reckon I would get stopped with it?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just done this following your guide mate, knowing the location of the trim clips thanks to your pics is soo useful it meant I could use my trim pop tool to free them off.
Also the guide to changing over the foglight if fitting the type r light bar is bloody fantastic. Cheers again pal.

101 - 117 of 117 Posts