2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is just a quick write up of the info needed to replace the rear internal light with a blue LED to match the footwell lighting if fitted, and the dash lighting at night. Thanks to those involved in figuring out the correct bulb types.

1. You need to order the replacement bulb at

http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/product.php?productid=16685&cat=610&page=1

The size/type required is the 269 pattern as in the link above. Make sure you select blue, if that's the colour you are going for!

2. Once you have the bulb, you need to remove the cover from the light fitting. It's important to remember that you are trying to remove the clear plastic from the light fitting, not the white/grey surround. I did this using a very small craft knife, which I covered in a tissue to avoid damaging the plastic. Lever the cover from the right hand side, in the middle, taking care not to twist the knife and damage the edging.

3. Turn the light to the off position. Yes, it's only 12V DC, but just in case, eh?

4. Remove the existing bulb. You'll notice this is a filament bulb. I shoved mine in the rear seat pocket for safe keeping. You might feel that this is a terrible place to put it ;) Works for me though!

5. Pop in the new led cluster. It can be fitted in two ways, and the polarity is important, so try it the first way, and move the switch to the ON position to check. If it doesn't come on, swap it round, and re-check.

6. By adjusting the back blue LEDs direction, you can either

a. Have a gentle blue flood to the car (turn LEDs to fact upwards)
b. Have blue lighting focus around the gear stick area (twist LEDs to face towards the dash area)
c. Make the back glow blue (turn towards rear of car)

When you sit in the car, the white/yellow lamps in the front keep the lighting fairly "normal" but it does look nice from the outside in the back.

7. Replace the plastic covering and wait until darkness arrives.

Congratulations. You just made the first Chav mod to your Civic ;)

·
Registered
54 Posts
FRONT Internal Blue Lighting

This is just a quick write up of the info needed to replace the rear internal light with a blue LED to match the footwell lighting if fitted, and the dash lighting at night. Thanks to those involved in figuring out the correct bulb types.
How do you go about changing the internal front lights to blue LED's? Is it the same process and the same bulb type?

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
How do you go about changing the internal front lights to blue LED's? Is it the same process and the same bulb type?
They simply pull out after you remove the cover.

They are the same type as the front side/position lights.

nb: LED 501 if you go to Autobulbs Direct. There is a choice.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Cheers Allan.

I just found an old thread about it too. Just ordered LEDS for front and rear on the Autoblub website.

Thanks for your help.

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
hi guys this might be a silly question but how many bulbs do you need in total for the front and back mod. and can someone put a link for the right bulbs for the front for me tx

Reactions: Grimmy

·
Premium Member
417 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
They give a really white light with a hint of blue, as opposed to the more dull creamy yellow look of the standard bulb in the position lights.:cool:

·
Registered
54 Posts
I fitted mine over the weekend. I ordered them from Autobulbs Direct and I got them really quick.

The result looks really good (not chavish I hasten to add). WEll worth the £15 it cost me.

ps. the map lights seem brighter than the originals.

·
Premium Member
1,615 Posts
look cool ill try that when i get the car i think also anyone know witch bulbs i need for the rear lights(they are diffent ones on there site stop tail etc) love the look of the leb stop tail leds any change the tail lights yet

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
look cool ill try that when i get the car i think also anyone know witch bulbs i need for the rear lights(they are diffent ones on there site stop tail etc) love the look of the leb stop tail leds any change the tail lights yet

Have a look in 'Lights' 'Rear Indicator Lights'. I've sent off for some LED's and will report there when I receive them from Autobulbs Direct in a day or so.;)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Cheers Allan.

I just found an old thread about it too. Just ordered LEDS for front and rear on the Autoblub website.

Thanks for your help.
Got my blue LED`s from Halfords.....a company called Prism... they also do white 4 LED bulbs, ideal for the front side position lights........well cool, try em..

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
I have ordered the blue LEDS as suggested, they should come sometime next week.
For the first time last night while driving in the dark with no streetlights I realised that the little blue LED at the front does give some light to the gearstick, which is useful as I soon forget which gear I am in!

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
I noticed how much difference the little blue light does make the other day when I had to drive a VW Polo for a bit, couldn't even spot the gearstick it was that dark!

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
Got the LEDS, fitted them OK.
Looks good, although the fronts are not much good if you need to read a map!

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
1 - 20 of 49 Posts